Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100W led projector

Any thoughts on a setup like this:

100W led chip (they are supposed to produce 7ooo - 9ooo Lm)
    $_3.JPG
    + reflector+lens
    $(KGrHqNHJCME+,L)qcs5BQ!Ui00Deg~~60_57.jpg$T2eC16hHJIQE9qUHuz4SBQ!UiGIM1w~~60_57.jpg$(KGrHqZHJEEE+WkrILbOBQ!UiVQCd!~~60_57.jpg
    Plus some coper heat sink etc

running these as auxularry high beam and somehow limiting foreground light

Doesn't sound like too bad of an idea, IMO. I like the idea of having an outrageously bright light to illuminate what's ahead of you. Doubt​ however that's DOT approved... lol

Comment

looks like there's no beam control at all
      2013 Jeep JK Wrangler - 4.10, Eaton e-locker. Sealed7, Hella Micro-DE
      1982 Mercedes-Benz 240D.
      Mini H1 in 7" housing

Comment

Is this like a real thing or eBay thing? Like really produced? Just curious
        AAAAAAAAAAA

Comment

I would use it if it had a cutoff... for fogs, as I have no room for real fog projectors anymore.

Comment

it is an ebay item , but I see lot of projects with it for ilimunating diferent things, If i find it cheaply enough on some auction I will invest and try if light can be aimed in any way.

@K.Trazy, any retrofit isn't dot aproved until you test it. only when OEM installed in a car.

Comment

Originally posted by MilosB View Post
              it is an ebay item , but I see lot of projects with it for ilimunating diferent things, If i find it cheaply enough on some auction I will invest and try if light can be aimed in any way.

@K.Trazy, any retrofit isn't dot aproved until you test it. only when OEM installed in a car.
              link?

Comment

Not bad for $11.

And 100w here.
                2012 Camry SE RX-350/STI-R Build Thread

Comment

I couldn't imagine how much heat that chip must produce.
                  Originally posted by Bitter
                  They're literally flying canoes with boxer engines packed full of Molotov cocktails that rely on tampons and $10 screws to stay in the air and not kill you.

Comment

^^ thats why I plan on using coper heat sink with massive static colling or active colling with a fan (outside of housing offcorse) or to be mounted as a fog light and use air from moving of the car (actually i prefer to have working fog lights that work in fog as here, fog is not uncommon) and I don't know how effective, these would be for such,

Comment

yeah... heat is main factor, beam pattern, and driving it. The forward voltage is probably above 12v. So, boost driver.

Comment

Originally posted by MilosB View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]30786[/ATTACH]
                        the lens is way to close to focus the light, space that out a few inches and i can see it actually making a ridiculously focused high beam.
                        Octa projectors, eight OEM bulbs, ~30,000lm , and 169 degrees of driving heaven!

Comment

it is a 36V so yes, a boost driver, but for tests I have a PSU that is capable of at least 400W at 36V

Comment

I would be interested to see how this works as a high beam of something (off-road lighting). Problem is that the "chip" is so huge that you can't really use reflectors with it well.

Comment

in for intensity

Comment

Working...
                              X