Fiero GT Tail Light Retrofit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiero GT Tail Light Retrofit

Here's the retro fit I am doing for my dad's Fiero's tail lights, it is my first complete retro as I've done a few side markers and third brake lights but never anything this size. It is all mocked up right now, I just need to figure out how to seal the boards circuitry and mount them in the housings. The turn signals chase.

Turn signal

Tail/Brake light

In the housing

Lit up

Quick video of the whole set up.

Thanks for looking.
    Last edited by TheJ; March 17th, 2013, 12:08 AM.

Nice job sir!

How did you get the sequential deal to function like that?

Comment

looks good love the sequential turn signals

Comment

The soldering job looks so clean. I'm about to post mine and the joints look like hell compared to this

Comment

Originally posted by TrakTuned View Post
          Nice job sir!

You need to build a controller of some sorts. There's threads on analog and digital (microcontrollers) in this section. I'd provide links but I've lost my book marks.

Looks great!
          Anthony
          2011 Ford Fiesta SES Hatchback
          2008 Wrangler Unlimited FX-R Retrofit
          2011 Fiesta Retrofit Number 2

Comment

Thanks guys it was surprisingly fun to do these if you look past the few burns I got.

Originally posted by TrakTuned View Post
            Nice job sir!

I was going to build a decade timer like the one in this thread. http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...ght=sequential But I saw that Blurred Talon was selling a pair for less than the cost for parts so I went that route.

Comment

I think the sequential signal looks weird or is it just the camera. It hesitates at points and has a weird flash/strobing thing going on. Seems as if it stays solid too long at the end of the cycle too. Otherwise, good job!

Comment

I think it's the camera because it looks fine to the eye. As for the cycle I didn't have a spare flasher unit so I'm just manually switching the circuit on and off.

Comment

Looks great man!

Comment

Looks great! I like how the LEDs appear behind that lens, very clean. And the sequential signal is icing on the cake!

Comment

Originally posted by sall View Post
                      I think the sequential signal looks weird or is it just the camera. It hesitates at points and has a weird flash/strobing thing going on. Seems as if it stays solid too long at the end of the cycle too. Otherwise, good job!
                      Likely the camera, my point and shoot doesn't like recording PWM'd LEDs at all. Lots of blinking and funny business on the go but to the naked eye, it's fine.
                      Anthony
                      2011 Ford Fiesta SES Hatchback
                      2008 Wrangler Unlimited FX-R Retrofit
                      2011 Fiesta Retrofit Number 2

Comment

Here's a video of the comparison between LED and incandescent tail lights. The video doesn't do the LEDs any justice, they are the same brightness or slightly brighter.

Thanks for looking.

Comment

looks good! whats with the massive relay's clicking?
                          The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time

Comment

Looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by soundman98 View Post
                              looks good! whats with the massive relay's clicking?
                              Thanks, I'm not really sure about the relays. My only guess would be is that they are right there in the back. I don't notice it while driving.

Comment

Working...
                              X