Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED chip help

Hello Everyone

My DRL went out and I was checking it out, So I found that 2 LED chips is having a bad contact, If I press them down from the lower part the work and once I release the pressure they die again.
    I guess they need to be soldered again. It is very challenging working on this tiny pieces and I need help identifying the location of terminals underneath before doing anything stupid
    also if there is any hints on how to get the job done that would be great as I am afraid to use heat gun on the strip.

these are Korean made light coming from Hyundai Avanti 2017, the strip is labeled with SL corporation
    Visit this link to download: IMG_20201226_001925.jpg

My first guess would have been the Luxeon Z or Z ES, but the proportions look a little off.

Comment

Thanks Mike , it is pretty much how it looks in real. the good news is that it still works although it is fully detached now and I need to solder it again. I am afraid to burn the flex cable attaching each block any tips on how to solder it back

Comment

www.automotiveLEDresearch.com

Comment

Originally posted by mnb22 View Post
          Thanks Mike , it is pretty much how it looks in real. the good news is that it still works although it is fully detached now and I need to solder it again. I am afraid to burn the flex cable attaching each block any tips on how to solder it back
          If it were me, I'd try to reflow solder it with either hot air, or by putting the whole board in an oven. Can you post a photo of the entire board? Can the flex cable be removed?

Comment

Spot on Evo77 thanks that was helpful

Originally posted by Mike S View Post

If it were me, I'd try to reflow solder it with either hot air, or by putting the whole board in an oven. Can you post a photo of the entire board? Can the flex cable be removed?
            Well I did manage to solder one and ruined another by taking the pads off thinking it was the solder, I will take some pix after I am done. I am trying to retro some pads that I got of another board hopefully I can manage to reattach it again

thanks again for your help guys

Comment

Working...
            X