Morimoto 2stroke 2.0 BMW adapter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morimoto 2stroke 2.0 BMW adapter?

I'm driving a 2012 BMW 128i (E82) I'm trying to fit a pair of Morimoto 2Stroke 2.0 H7 LEDs. My problem is the stock bulb clips won't accommodate the Morimoto.

I've heard that there are adapters but I don't know which to use. Does anyone have suggestions?

FYI, my bulb retainers look like this:
    Last edited by Ursan; December 27th, 2019, 09:21 PM.
    Let There Be Light - God

Squeeze the bulb holder clip so you can remove it from the retaining holes; then slip said clip onto the bulb between the metal base and the heatsink. Once that's done, put the bulb clip back into the holes and see if it fits now.

I was testing LED bulbs on a halogen E90 which has the same style bulb holder. It was an H7 S V.4 bulb, so I can't promise the 2Stroke 2.0 will also be compatible as it's a little wider close to the bulb end but it's worth a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Masticator View Post
      Squeeze the bulb holder clip so you can remove it from the retaining holes; then slip said clip onto the bulb between the metal base and the heatsink. Once that's done, put the bulb clip back into the holes and see if it fits now.
      I tried that, but the clip can't get around the 2stroke base. I'll try it again tomorrow. It'd be easier if the 2Stroke could detach from it's H7 base and then I could attach that and then snap the 2Stroke into place.
      Let There Be Light - God

Comment

So the stock BMW clip isn't really copacetic with the Mori lamp. It accommodates the H7 halogen fine, but the cooler/fan part of the Mori interferes with the H7 clip something fierce. I can get the lamp into the reflector, but I can't twist it into the base to lock it without it interfering with the clip.

I'll need to come up with something that can work. Unfortunately, I don't have wire thing and strong enough.
        Let There Be Light - God

Comment

On the BMW, is there any OBD coding that needs to be done for the low beam lamps?
          Let There Be Light - God

Comment

What appears to be the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by mihai.puiu View Post
              What appears to be the problem?
              Let There Be Light - God

Comment

can you relate that noise 100% to the leds install?
                it does not sound like original warning. Try to locate where it comes from.
                Driver side/passenger side/upper part of dash.
                it most likely comes from driver footwell, the location of the warning sounds speaker is there.
                Try a battery reset - 5 to 10 minutes of battery disconnected from the vehicle.

Comment

Started the very day I installed. The sound is coming through the factory speakers.

I'm going to disconnect the lamps tonight and see if it stops. If they are the cause, perhaps ferrite filters? These are on the low beams and aren't used for DRL. Should I get a pair of anti-flicker harnesses?
                  Let There Be Light - God

Comment

Any updates? Did you also try the battery reset?
                    works like magic on bimmers.

Comment

Sorry for the late reply. It was a coincidence. It turned out that it was my factory amp.
                      Let There Be Light - God

Comment

Working...
                      X