Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can i light up Valeo LED projectors?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can i light up Valeo LED projectors?

Hi, i have a set of Valeo Bi LED projectors, and i want to light them up. I managed to find the + and - in the wirings, but i don't have an idea of what voltage they can run
    Any suggestions?

You need the original drivers. Otherwise you risk burning the chips if you apply too much current. And if you find the original drivers you may still not be able to power them up because the drivers use the vehicles BCM for an additional input signal.

Check out this guy HERE who powered up the first gen Valeo Bi-leds without a driver. Unfortunately my knowledge of wiring and electronics is limited (ie. none).

Comment

Hi, thanks for your answer. I know that i need to apply the right current, otherwise i will burn the chips.
      i've already googled a lot, and i find the same website (torega) and also this thread:

https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/for...for-these-leds

I found on ebay the original Valeo driver, they aren't expansive, but like you say, there is a possibility that i can't use them with simply apply +12V

Also i have found the datasheet of the LED chip:

http://www.nichia.co.jp/en/product/l...%27NC3W321B%27

they are rated 1200 mA, and it's a lot!
      I have some basic skill in electronic and circuit, so i found that the two LEDs in the picture are in series, so i think they need about 2400 mA.....

But actually i don't have a LED driver with so much power, and i can't test it.

I also found that the same person behind torega website is here! tjeret
      Please can you help me?

Comment

After some studying in the wiring i found the correct cables to connect the driver to light up the LEDs!
        And I found this super power driver on ebay and it's work very well!

Comment

Please go on, tell me more.

Can you supply a wire supply schematic from the driver to the projectors?

Comment

Originally posted by Ale_4 View Post
            Hi, thanks for your answer. I know that i need to apply the right current, otherwise i will burn the chips.
            i've already googled a lot, and i find the same website (torega) and also this thread:

https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/for...for-these-leds

I found on ebay the original Valeo driver, they aren't expansive, but like you say, there is a possibility that i can't use them with simply apply +12V

Also i have found the datasheet of the LED chip:

http://www.nichia.co.jp/en/product/l...%27NC3W321B%27

they are rated 1200 mA, and it's a lot!
            I have some basic skill in electronic and circuit, so i found that the two LEDs in the picture are in series, so i think they need about 2400 mA.....

But actually i don't have a LED driver with so much power, and i can't test it.

I also found that the same person behind torega website is here! tjeret
            Please can you help me?

If 2 emitters are in series connection, current won't change, but voltage will.
            Vf typ 9.8V If 1,000mA

You need to set driver up to output 1,000mA at around 20V+

1,200mA is absolute max rating, which should not be exceeded at any circumstances.
            1,000mA should be good target to aim I believe.

Driver in picture step up converter right? If you select 1,500mA setting, you are exceeding emitter's absolute max rating
            Jumper likely link to near by resister to adjust output current, you may be able to change to output 1,000mA instead of 900mA if you are confident

Comment

SURE produces a good range of LED drivers.

Comment

What's with the empty spot for a chip in the middle?? I wish I could get a hold of one of these to play with.

Comment

I answer to all.

FLONE Yes, the LED driver is produced by SURE Electronics, and is very good quality product. You can find on ebay or aliexpress.

evo77 i will try to write down a wiring schematics in the next days, with more pictures and the light output.

upashi the LED driver is automatic, i power it with 12V, and set the current with no jumper NC to 300mA, for the first test.
                  And my bench power supply show me about 1.8A of absorption, but not fixed, it change constantly also over 2A or less
                  I haven't tried to set 900mA because already with 300mA the light output is very powerfull and the heatsink became hot quickly.
                  I have the feeling that the driver don't set the right current....
                  Probably the LEDs are not in series but in parallel connection.

Snowblind yes there is and empty slot for a third LED chip, and also the reflector, i can't imagine how much power can out from this projector with all 3 LEDs!!
                  But you can't add it by yourself, they are glued with a special hard thermal grease to the aluminium and soldered with a laser to the board.

Comment

It seems to be driver isnít outputting correct or some configuration issue

Is driver boost driver ?
                    Also check if series connection is clean only 2 LED in series connection. No sense resister or one other component in between or bypassing etc

have you checked tail current at emitter ?

I donít think OE design run 2 high power LED in parallel.
                    if itís parallel connection, current will be devided, so each LED will be ran half the current

First, make sure 2 LEDs are in clean series connection,
                    no bypassing sense resister or any other component

then,
                    If you want to go secure route, you can try them with LuxDrive
                    FlexBlock 700mA to test run

its boost driver, it takes 12V input and output up to 48V
                    Vf= 20V should be safe to run with this driver

not 900mA tho ..

Comment

What did they come out of? It always says it on the housing

Comment

upashi the driver is a boost driver type DC/DC
                        i will check is series connection is clean..... but i can say that during my tests i have damaged one LED, and now only one is working
                        i don't know how to check tail current at emitter
                        i can't find LuxDrive products on common website like ebay or aliexpress...

Doc McStuffins they come out from a crashed peugeot 3008 gt

Comment

Only one LED still lights up is likely indication of 2 emitter connection may not be in simple series connection

trace PCB pattern how they actually connected

driver setting or configuration. Connection to LED something must be off somewhere

i cant tell just from pictures, hope someone has physical parts can chime in for more advise

can you snap as detailed picture as you can?
                          Connector to LEDs. With cuircuit pattern if shows in picture

Comment

https://www.ledsupply.com/led-driver...-dc-led-driver

looks like they have some in stock

Comment

I'm back for some updates....
                              From the start, i thinked that the two projectors are identical, but they aren't (i remember to all that they are installed togethers in a single heahdlight)
                              I've disassembled the second projectors and i found that there is only one LED for the low beam, instead of the two LEDs in the pictures in my first post.

Here is a pictures of the other projector with two LEDs for the low beam

So, there are a total of 3 LEDs for the low beam power output in one headlight.

This is the other side of the LEDs for the high beam

Here is a detailed view of the circuit and the pinout connection that i found with my multimeter

Panoramic view of the wiring

For the test, i just connected the + and - from respective function (low or high beam) to the output + and - of the LED Driver.

Comment

Working...
                              X