LEDs for under cabinet / work lighting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LEDs for under cabinet / work lighting

Has anyone ever done a diy projects with LEDs to provide nice light out put in a work room envirnonment for under a cabinet or shelf? I figured I have two options, individual LEDs making a design myself. Or premade strips. I'm curious on playing around with both. There's so many stops out there both junk and expensive not sure which would be ideal. I don't wanna to break the bank on a few strips but also don't want garbage dim output. Any suggestions?

I would just get something from Home Depot, so you can see how they work in the displays before buying, and then be able to return easily if anything happens. The ones I got work beautifully.

Comment

Originally posted by emerica243 View Post
      Has anyone ever done a diy projects with LEDs to provide nice light out put in a work room envirnonment for under a cabinet or shelf? I figured I have two options, individual LEDs making a design myself. Or premade strips. I'm curious on playing around with both. There's so many stops out there both junk and expensive not sure which would be ideal. I don't wanna to break the bank on a few strips but also don't want garbage dim output. Any suggestions?
      i've been using ebay strips/drivers myself. currently just the office right now, but i just finished receiving all the material to do my kitchen. there are definite quality differences between the cheap stuff and the more typical 'under cabinet' specific stuff. most of all in the adhesive used, but also in the warranty, and the quality of components. at work, we use a company called GM Lighting. not cheap, but they stand behind their products, and i've never had a failure in the 2 dozen jobs we've done with their stuff. i have to back all of the ebay strips up with 3M molding tape purchased locally to guarantee that it's genuine 3M tape, otherwise it falls down because the stock adhesive is garbage.
      The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time

Comment

Working...
      X