2019 ram led projectors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 ram led projectors

Has anyone retrofitted the 2019 ram led projectors? I got these off eBay only problem is I can't find the drivers for the led projector

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-OEM-SET...0b69%7Ciid%3A1

I haven't messed with them yet personally. have you tried disassembling them at all and seeing if the driver is integrated? Judging by the last photo in the listing, it's almost like all you need is a wire pigtail that goes into the plug and then there's only the ground, 12v+ low beam, and 12v+ high beam to worry about. If you don't have a pigtail, you could always just solder your own leads to the plug once you take it apart, that is assuming the driver is integrated...

They're powering them up somehow in the photos without an external driver, looks like just with a 12v power probe.

Comment

Originally posted by h3northfl View Post
      I haven't messed with them yet personally. have you tried disassembling them at all and seeing if the driver is integrated? Judging by the last photo in the listing, it's almost like all you need is a wire pigtail that goes into the plug and then there's only the ground, 12v+ low beam, and 12v+ high beam to worry about. If you don't have a pigtail, you could always just solder your own leads to the plug once you take it apart, that is assuming the driver is integrated...

They're powering them up somehow in the photos without an external driver, looks like just with a 12v power probe.
      No they aren't integrated i talked with the seller and they said it can be used on 12v for testing but continuous use without the driver will burn out the leds. But thanks for the comment.

Comment

Ah okay, I suppose that makes since...

Nice of him to tell you that the way he tests them could damage or burn out the LED in them lmao

Comment

I'm a LED noob but I suspect that for a driver you just need something current limiting. Which I would venture to guess why the seller said what they did. You can power 12v directly but as the LED heats up it will suck more current and burn out. So short periods of direct power should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by bnevets27 View Post
            I'm a LED noob but I suspect that for a driver you just need something current limiting. Which I would venture to guess why the seller said what they did. You can power 12v directly but as the LED heats up it will suck more current and burn out. So short periods of direct power should be fine.
            So your saying all i would need would be a 12v constant current driver?

Comment

Something like this? And adjust the output to 12v?

https://www.amazon.com/Regulator-DRO...ateway&sr=8-11

Comment

I don't think that will work. It's not constant current only constant voltage. Something like this should work (depending on how much current you need) but obviously not good for an actually install into a vehicle. You would have to find something a bit more suitable but I think all you are looking for is a dc to dc converter with constant current (adjustable or the correct amperage if you know it). Assuming the LED can only take 12v (you get almost 14v with a car running) and you'll need to figure out how much current the LED is designed for.

This guys tests a lot of those little cheap dc to dc converters for the purpose of driving LEDs.

Comment

Working...
                X