LED brake bulbs not bright enough

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED brake bulbs not bright enough

So Iíve got a pair of 7443 tail/brake bulbs on my car that are pretty bright when the tail lights are on, but they donít really light up any brighter when I hit the brakes... are there any bulbs that anyone knows of that provides a significant brightness increase when using the brakes?

What bulbs did you get?
    2000 Celica GTS 'slowest gts evar'
    1998 Mazda 626 FS-DE/CD4E 'mom-mobile'

Comment

Cheap bulbs. Replace with incandescent (standard) bulbs.

Comment

You might try a gy6.35 35w Osram HIR with an adapter base. I know for Tacomas and a 921 bulb we swap for these and just bend the tabs to fit. Twice as bright as stock.

Comment

Originally posted by se7enine View Post
          You might try a gy6.35 35w Osram HIR with an adapter base. I know for Tacomas and a 921 bulb we swap for these and just bend the tabs to fit. Twice as bright as stock.
          Not a bad idea but won't work for brake lights as they are dual filament and those aren't. Saw them used as reverse lights, didn't think about using them for turn signals also.

Comment

I was totally thinking you were talking about the reverse light not being bright enough. My fault. Have you cleaned the inside of the tails? They can get pretty dirty.

Comment

Working...
            X