Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quite possibly the best video I’ve ever seen about LEDs, how headlights work, and what doesn’t.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quite possibly the best video I’ve ever seen about LEDs, how headlights work, and what doesn’t.

Not sure if any of y’all caught this but...

ive been a fan of “Headlight Revolution” s YouTube channel for about a year now. They mainly cover truck lights, but when they do their lighting/led upgrade videos... I was always very surprised with how on point they were.

Recently they just just dropped this ‘truth about led headlight bulbs’ video. And damn, they got it right. Everything from the struggles we had from simply buying every design out there to test... to the differences in reflector to projector optics, and more.

this is video should be stickied

I work at a company who has a website called ModBargains
    @AFSpec as always on IG

Watched this video in it's entirety...good stuff

Comment

VERY informative! Thanks for posting. I been out of the lighting scene for over 5 years. Wasn't really sure what was current. This was immensely helpful.
      http://s416.photobucket.com/albums/p...MaxForum-3.jpg

Comment

Yeah this HR video in particular is very newbie friendly while also being 100% on point with information and truthful statements. I dig it.
        I work at a company who has a website called ModBargains
        @AFSpec as always on IG

Comment

Good video, watched it all the way through and then stickied it. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

I have been researching LED headlights for a number of years, merely as a curious hobbyist and car enthusiast, for my own knowledge and to share what I learn with friends. Headlight Revolution, while they seem to have accumulated a considerable amount of information about LED headlights and technology, their obvious tendency to possess heavy bias in most of their work is irritating. Particularly as HR tries to appear neutral all the while really trying to sell shit. Just saying, anyone trying to sell you something has a great incentive to skew information and too, like HR, they choose to be less than complete, for example, by failing to include, leaving out whole segments of the market like Chinese manufacturers of led products. That's all I have to say about that. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by MetalAnon View Post
              I have been researching LED headlights for a number of years, merely as a curious hobbyist and car enthusiast, for my own knowledge and to share what I learn with friends. Headlight Revolution, while they seem to have accumulated a considerable amount of information about LED headlights and technology, their obvious tendency to possess heavy bias in most of their work is irritating. Particularly as HR tries to appear neutral all the while really trying to sell shit. Just saying, anyone trying to sell you something has a great incentive to skew information and too, like HR, they choose to be less than complete, for example, by failing to include, leaving out whole segments of the market like Chinese manufacturers of led products. That's all I have to say about that. Thanks
              And you are 100% correct.

Comment

everyone has their own skew to any discussion. that doesn't make it any less relevant information. according to the bulb tests that many other members have performed here, he's correct in most of his technical information, and that's really where the value of this video is, as is any other video.

chinese electronics suppliers in most cases are specifically set up as fly-by-night operations, where they push out a bunch of product under 'brand x', then 'close' before anyone can come to shut them down, reopen as 'brand y', rinse, repeat. so brand-wise, it's physically impossible to test every single brand available. by the time you get done with the current batch, you'll already be missing a few dozen new 'companies' offerings. the reality is that each company tends to follow a specific design pattern, and so it becomes unnecessary to test every single 'new' product under the sun, and then only the new visually viable offerings can be checked against the current best.
                The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time

Comment

Thank you for posting. Very informational!

Comment

Working...
                  X