Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW Philips XtremeUltinon LED-gen2 HEADLIGHT bulbs!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW Philips XtremeUltinon LED-gen2 HEADLIGHT bulbs!

NEW Philips X-tremeUltinon LED gen2 headlight bulbs just revealed at the Automechanika 2018 show on 9/11/18!

These gen2 bulbs now house Lumileds Luxeon Altilon chips which are originally purposed for OE automotive forward lighting applications. No more Luxeon Z ES chips! With a 5800K color temp, these Altilon chips also have a higher tolerance to heat, more light output and smoother beam array due to the closer proximity of the four dies. Philips also claims the use of special Lumileds PCBs designed for better thermal performance. The Altilon chips will come in 1x4, 1x3 and 1x2 configurations depending on bulb application.

We can't wait to test these out to see how good they really do perform!

BULB# / PART# / SPECS

H4 = 11342XUWX2 = 22W LB / 22W HB
    H7 = 11972XUWX2 = 25W LB
    H11 = 11366XUWX2 - 15.5W **FOG ONLY APPLICATION**

Cool!

Wow, the H7's are 25 watts...and fanless? That's quite a bold move. Too bad they still won't fit in my 328i

Comment

H7 is the only one actively cooled while the other applications are passive.

Comment

Originally posted by evo77 View Post
        H7 is the only one actively cooled while the other applications are passive.
        Ah, okay. That makes sense given their output.

It's difficult to tell from the side view if they have a fan or not. I thought I saw something in there, but I wasn't certain.

Comment

I came across an image of the H7 bulbs installed in a VW Polo 6C.

Source: http://vagcars.dk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=136940

Comment

Originally posted by halfbytecode View Post
            I came across an image of the H7 bulbs installed in a VW Polo 6C.

Source: http://vagcars.dk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=136940
            That is not the Gen2.

Comment

I had the Gen1 on my car for about 2 weeks but sent then back because of the common problems (narrow vertical beam, not much useful light put out in front of the car)....I hope these Gen2 are better.

Any idea of reviews yet or availability?

Comment

I had the Gen1 on my car for about 2 weeks but sent then back because of the common problems (narrow vertical beam, not much useful light put out in front of the car)....I hope these Gen2 are better.

Any idea of reviews yet or availability?

Comment

Not every headlamp takes well to a LED design, no matter the brand, no matter the type.

What vehicle and year do you have and what bulb application?

Comment

Peugeot 308 with H7 bulbs and OEM halogen projector headlight.

The result was pretty much the same as the testlab videos on YouTube: Wider horizontal beam spread but narrower vertical hotspot. In terms of useful light (lux) on the road, lower output than the H7 Philips XtremeVision +130%.

As the only car on a lighter coloured (concrete) road they fell great but transition to dark tarmac with other vehicles and the lux output just isn't there.

Comment

Working...
                    X