Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Koito Bi LED wiring question

Hello Everyone

I just got my hands on a koito Bi led similar to the one TRS is selling however mine comes with a grey wire instead of white. If I fire it using only the black and yellow wires the emitter would partially flikker,and if I ground the grey wire it will work fine.

what I need to know if this would hurt the emitter at any point or am good to go ?

Flickering with black and yellow means there is not enough voltage OR current being fed to the unit. This is why the grey wire being grounded works. Because this is DRL mode and it requires lower power.

What is your power source?

Comment

I am using PC power supply, it does provide sufficient power to turn on a 55w hid ballast

Comment

Originally posted by mnb22 View Post
        Hello Everyone I just got my hands on a koito Bi led similar to the one TRS is selling however mine comes with a grey wire instead of white. If I fire it using only the black and yellow wires the emitter would partially flikker,and if I ground the grey wire it will work fine. what I need to know if this would hurt the emitter at any point or am good to go ?
        This is interesting...

My Koito Bi-LED's use black, pink and yellow. Ground, low beams and high beams.
        1999 LR Discovery II XS 4.0L V8 auto - Halogen

2012 Ford Figo TDCi - E46 projectors - XB35 ballasts - 4300k Bosch D2S bulbs - G37R shrouds - BIXENON stickers - H4 Mori wiring

Comment

3 wire BiLED makes me think one is low, one is high, and one is ground. Without ground hooked up you were somehow able to get it to work. The flickering must be because it is constantly trying to ground itself though the housing with a terrible connection. This will definitely make the emitter go out soon. I would definitely ground that third wire to something.

But, I am unfamiliar with the LED projector myself, so I could be wrong.
          DIY's l Helpful Information l http://gio-outdoors.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by evo77 View Post
            Flickering with black and yellow means there is not enough voltage OR current being fed to the unit. This is why the grey wire being grounded works. Because this is DRL mode and it requires lower power. What is your power source?
            You were right Evo , I did another test on the car and the projectors worked just fine with the only one ground " black wire", It is weird I never experienced any issues with the testing HID ballasts before with this power supply

Thank you all for trying to help out

Comment

Working...
            X