Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie needs help with drivers

Hello,

I'm terribly sorry if this has been covered before, I tried to search for a similar topic but I'm not sure if I had the key words for such a topic.

Anyways my issue is this:

I bought these LED headlights for my 1989 Toyota Land cruiser, in hopes to replace the horribly aged sealed beams currently installed. The problem is I don't have a "driver" for them, and I cannot for the life of me figure out what driver I need. Inside the housing, it says "H4 12V60/55W P43T DOT".

I've searched for "12v 60w LED Driver"s but I only see ones that run on 120v that convert that to 12v. I'd be willing to pay someone a few bucks if they could help point me in the right direction to get the right drivers to have bright headlights.

Thank you for your time, and I'm going to try to attach pictures of my headlights.

I truly appreciate any help.

Coastie

https://imgur.com/a/jGNhx

Comment

Welcome to HID Planet! That looks to be a halogen housing with LED accents, not a full LED housing. It's also likely absolutely terrible, a fake projector lens in front of a cheap reflector. The 12V 60W/55W refers to the halogen H4 bulb.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
      2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

yep. to confirm what halo said-- the 'led' part is only the parentheses around the main light (O). the main beam is still a standard halogen bulb.

those do not require any special driver, just supply 12v power and ground to the appropriate wires, and they'll illuminate.

but that said, i have seen a few of those housings installed in local cars, and the led's are not of a high quality, and don't last terribly long. so it might be fun to light them up here and there for meets and car shows, but don't plan to use them all the time, as they won't last long.
        The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time

Comment

So what do you guys suggest I get? I'd like to have some good quality headlights on my Land Cruiser, and I don't know which brands to get or what features to look for?

Thanks again for all your help.

Comment

What are your goals? Just overall great visibility? Do you have a preference for HID or LED? We consider HID to be superior to LED at this point.

I would suggest contacting a company called Retrowurkz on Facebook. They build incredible sealed beam retrofits. Any way you like em. Different shrouds, different paint, and the rear is sealed so perfectly.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
            2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

if there's any concern about parts availability, quality, or cop issues with running aftermarket equipment, i prefer to just simply recommend something along these lines:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Clear-Seale...3ALand+Cruiser

just a basic clear 4x6 housing with no fancy 'projector' or 'led' components.

and then get these bulbs:
              https://www.amazon.com/SYLVANIA-Silv.../dp/B0012ETJ1O

i did something very similar for my parents suburban after the oem headlights hazed over with age, and they couldn't be happier with the performance. and i'm happy that i didn't need to get more serious into retrofitting something into it that would be harder for them to replace the bulb on.
              The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time

Comment

Working...
              X