TRS/Profile LED high beam module

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Knightmare69 View Post
    I installed a set in my 2010 benz c class 2 days ago and they just started flickering last night. Never happened while testing or during the mock up.
    It sounds like a CANBUS issue. LED error cancelers should fix that.

Comment

Originally posted by serega12 View Post

It sounds like a CANBUS issue. LED error cancelers should fix that.
      Sorry, it should be pulsating, not flickering. They still light up, but when against a wall, I can see it pulsating. I already tested it on some moron who cut me off when I had 2 babies in the car so I know it works.
      Phaze Automotive

Comment

Bitter and Haloruler64, you'll both be pleased that after looking at it for 10 days in the garage (it only left to sit in the shop for a day for paint reconditioning) I decided against them, disassembled them and shipped them back as they just don't sit right in the housings. Now I'll be exploring other options, (actual Hella fog lights behind mesh grilles, matchbox projectors in these housings, JW 4" speaker fogs in these housings, etc) but that's a topic for it's own thread.

So to recap, the light output is great for auxiliary high beam to a Bixenon projector, they just don't work with the rest of what I got going on.

​​​​​​​Thanks for all the input everyone!

Comment

Sorry to hear they didn't work out, but I'm glad you're seeing it from our perspective. Always happy to see people willing to learn instead of being stuck in their ways (AKA "no one flashes me with my 55W H4 HIDs" haha). Also that's a wild hood.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
          2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

I'm not glad to hear that, I was hoping for some more output shots to prove me wrong! Also it's no fun pulling and repulling and pulling again the bumper over and over to change things up. Been there, done that, can yank my Celica bumper off in about 15 minutes now.

Haloruler64 those are christmas lights reflected in his paint, but I thought it was some crazy paint at first too!
            2000 Celica GTS 'slowest gts evar'
            1998 Mazda 626 FS-DE/CD4E 'mom-mobile'

Comment

interested in output photos as well.

Comment

Oh I just meant that the hood comes up with the headlights, it's really neat.

My MR2 bumper falls off in 5 minutes by this point.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
                2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Originally posted by parad1mg View Post
                  interested in output photos as well.
                  I'm actually in the middle of a retro where I will utilize these. I'll get some good output shots for ya!

I'm installing the D2S 5.0s in the place of my stock low-beam halogen projector (2006 Chrysler 300C) and then I am a getting rid of the stock high beam reflector and turn signal and placing the hi-lens in that spot. So it will be an extra high beam to supplement the D2S 5.0 high beam.

I really just needed something to put in that spot, and these fit the bill
                  2012 Chrysler 300 Limited:
                  FX-R 3.0, Morimoto 3Five ballasts, XB35 bulbs (5000k)

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5:
                  Porsche Bi-xenons, clear lenses, Morimoto 5Five ballasts and bulbs (5000k), Gatling shrouds, CCFLs
                  Custom LEDs for Tail lights, switchback turn signals, marker lights, and DRLs

Comment

I am looking forward to the output pictures. Does your version of these Hi Lense also have a DRL and low beam mode in addition to the highbeam ?
                    Subaru Outback retrofit:
                    http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...aru-Outback-H6
                    License plate lights with dual brightness:
                    https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/for...hen-backing-up

Comment

Originally posted by Crossgolf View Post
                      I am looking forward to the output pictures. Does your version of these Hi Lense also have a DRL and low beam mode in addition to the highbeam ?
                      I haven't played around with them yet, but I believe they have the DRL mode and high-beam, no low-beam mode.
                      2012 Chrysler 300 Limited:
                      FX-R 3.0, Morimoto 3Five ballasts, XB35 bulbs (5000k)

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5:
                      Porsche Bi-xenons, clear lenses, Morimoto 5Five ballasts and bulbs (5000k), Gatling shrouds, CCFLs
                      Custom LEDs for Tail lights, switchback turn signals, marker lights, and DRLs

Comment

Originally posted by Bitter View Post
                        I'm not glad to hear that, I was hoping for some more output shots to prove me wrong! Also it's no fun pulling and repulling and pulling again the bumper over and over to change things up. Been there, done that, can yank my Celica bumper off in about 15 minutes now.
                        Haloruler64 those are christmas lights reflected in his paint, but I thought it was some crazy paint at first too!
                        Luckily, it's only two screws on each side and they come up from outside the bumper. With hood raised, it is super easy to reach wiring harness. Fiberglass bumper can take only so much abuse from the screws going in and out.
                        Last edited by serega12; January 10th, 2019, 12:36 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

I was going to make a separate post but will just put a few photos of what I went with instead on this thread. I ended up getting 4" LED jeep fog lights from Amazon with a proper fog light beam.

Used 3.5" hole saw to make them fit. Left plastic covers off as they're waterproof units, sealed the groove for plastic lens with some black silicone based sealant. I'm pleased with overall look. Thanks again everyone!

See below.

​​
                          ​​

​​​​​​​​
                          ​​
                          ​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Haloruler64 View Post
                            Oh I just meant that the hood comes up with the headlights, it's really neat.

My MR2 bumper falls off in 5 minutes by this point.
                            Lol, yep.. The trunk comes up towards interior as well too to release the soft top.

Comment

Originally posted by pdyebrasil View Post

I'm actually in the middle of a retro where I will utilize these. I'll get some good output shots for ya!

I'm installing the D2S 5.0s in the place of my stock low-beam halogen projector (2006 Chrysler 300C) and then I am a getting rid of the stock high beam reflector and turn signal and placing the hi-lens in that spot. So it will be an extra high beam to supplement the D2S 5.0 high beam.

I really just needed something to put in that spot, and these fit the bill
                              Looking forward to the light output shots as well! I think your setup will work great! Which shrouds are you going with?.

Comment

Looks good on the car.
                                Subaru Outback retrofit:
                                http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...aru-Outback-H6
                                License plate lights with dual brightness:
                                https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/for...hen-backing-up

Comment

Working...
                                X