TRS/Profile LED high beam module

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRS/Profile LED high beam module

So what's the dealio with these things, I don't see a forum announcement for them. They any good? Honestly all the chrome plastic kind of makes them look like something off the shelf from a Chinese supplier.

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/pr...high-beam.html

But without anything else in the shot for comparison it's hard to gauge how good or bad this output is.

Ok, 30 seconds on AliExpress, these are off the shelf Chinese parts. Does TRS just import and markup or are these some 'special sauce' version like the D2S 4.0? I see the Profile version has a white backlight, but that's probably an easy swap/mod. I bet it would be simple to drop in a DD LED or something else to suit tastes.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/AOZO...004620172.html
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Univ...848290406.html
    Last edited by Bitter; February 17th, 2018, 10:34 AM.
    2000 Celica GTS 'slowest gts evar'
    1998 Mazda 626 FS-DE/CD4E 'mom-mobile'

I was just going to post those Aliexpress units - I've seen them on there for about a month now. The Ali units seem to have some flavor of a demon eye, but it's a little vague.

Would be good if TRS posted the lux readings on the unit, so we can compare to some known high beams. I think TRS is using the same manufacturer as the Ali units and tweaking it to their specs. Will be curious to see what chip the TRS unit is running and compare to the Ali units to see if there really is a difference.

Comment

As would I. Waiting for Lightwerkz Global Inc. to do some comparisons!

Comment

Also interested

Comment

Haha I have those Ali tabs open since yesterday, found them and was wondering if I should post them up :P

They're the same, the Ali versions have the "devil eye" too. Just rebrand. NHK rebrands their own est too on Alibaba, since NHK is a reseller.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
          2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

I'd like to see Ali vs Profile vs halogen high beam vs G5R high beam for an idea of how bright these are. They may make a good drop in for my Celica, except they kinda ugly.

Comment

I would love the same. The CT200h high beams are absolutely ridiculous, with the stock H9s you can't even see the cutoff of my HIDs. These would be cool in the MR2 but would really ruin the aesthetic. Either way I was staring at the "buy" button on AliExpress for quite a while, not knowing why I wanted these without any use for them.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Comment

I don't know how I feel about the color aberrations around the perimeter.

Comment

Typical for cheap LEDs behind cheap lenses. Looks like the output of one of those zoom focus flashlights.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Comment

THere have been tons of product releases from TRS. They are all on Facebook. The forum is but an archive now with a handful of active members.
                    *CLICK BELOW ON WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE*

2014 Nissan Sentra Quads w/ XB Fogs

DSC_9349 by Sam Colt, on Flickr

Comment

As long as it's kept running, we keep it alive as a repository of information. That's what is important.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Comment

Originally posted by Bitter View Post
                        I'd like to see Ali vs Profile vs halogen high beam vs G5R high beam for an idea of how bright these are. They may make a good drop in for my Celica, except they kinda ugly.
                        I'd also like to see a HIR and a MH1 (even the cheaper basic generics) in the comparison. I'm curious if those shaftleds are actually effective highs. Besides the money, would be a waste of time and effort if you install them in a 9005 reflector if a HIR or cheap pnp LED outdoes it.

Originally posted by HK45 View Post
                        THere have been tons of product releases from TRS. They are all on Facebook. The forum is but an archive now with a handful of active members.
                        Originally posted by Haloruler64 View Post
                        As long as it's kept running, we keep it alive as a repository of information. That's what is important.
                        A handful of members that actually know their shit though. For example we don't persecute newbs when they ask about pnp LEDs,we actually have informative discussions so they learn rather than get alienated and annoyed. I also like the lack of daily posts here about whats the best cat eye retro
                        Originally posted by HK45
                        I don't even look to see what Eddie writes anymore. I'm too busy staring at his avatar.

Comment

Except for that CRVHID jackass, he can go to hell.

Comment

The problem I see with this module, is that it has no real hotspot, it's just a huge blast of light. From my experience, such output really doesn't penetrate down the road very well, but instead, produces a lot of foreground light.

Comment

That's what I need to see with these, and yea I can see that. I wonder if you can space the lens to change focus or something or maybe drop a couple of the lower chips and boost the rest of them to reduce the light hitting the road up close. Basically I think we need to see these in a car on the road or at least at road height over a longer distance.

Comment

Working...
                              X