Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AUXITO 2000 Lumens Reverse Bulbs

Long shot, but anyone ever try these? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071G7QD5T/

Was looking at either https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LX4FMD1 or https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GGK6QDW but ended up finding the auxito ones definitely interesting bulbs I might try them, unsure still.

That rubber grommet adapter is weak and doesn't keep the bulb seated correctly. I believe I saw a video where it kinda just wiggled around in the housing. Not really designed well. I guess it all depends on the housing (as every tail lamp is different) if this type of bulb would really make use of all the claimed 2000 lumens. There is no sense in having a bulb that bright if your housing can't focus that intensity to a usable pattern. Otherwise half of that output is wasted light since all its doing is just filling out the reflector.

I've have these in two of my vehicles and they do a great job for the price. Double the lux (measured) and retains the beam pattern.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

www.automotiveLEDresearch.com

Comment

Ok! update to this, I ended up buying all three, got the auxito ones off ebay for about $25 so quite a bit cheaper for same thing.

I was using https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GGK6QDW for a few weeks and they were decent, left a bit to be desired after coming from my fdriller custom led reverse light on the lancer. The ones evo77 linked arrived not working so i returned and never bothered getting them again. But I feel they would have performed a lot better than the jdm astar ones.

Now on to the auxito ones, they really are super bright, my first impressions are lot better for these than the others, mainly because the rubber grommet allows me to fine tune them to get the best output. On the ones I have the rubber grommet is the opposite of what you said with it being loose fitting, I actually struggled to get them into the housing and they're in there quite firm.

In the pictures they're on different dates, the stock and astar ones were on same date and close to the garage, the auxito ones are a bit further from garage, and still blows them away.
      But enough of the talk, on to the pictures.

Stock:

JDM ASTAR:

AUXITO:

I had 1 astar and 1 auxito in and id cover them up individually and you couldnt even tell the astar was on when i covered and uncovered it it was just so over powered by the auxito one.

So for outlander sports I strongly recommend the auxito ones.

Comment

Beware of the lights evo77 linked to. Look at the reviews. Two with photos of the burned remains and damage to cars.

Comment

Damn, that's worrisome

Comment

Originally posted by alternety View Post
            Beware of the lights evo77 linked to. Look at the reviews. Two with photos of the burned remains and damage to cars.
            Yeah not really. Check the photos again. The burned socket photos show a different bulb. Not the same design at all. Same for all the others.

The only one that IS the correct one is the guy that has only side of the bulb working. Obviously a minor defect that is easily replaced by Amazon.

These bulbs are still going strong in two of my vehicles.
            www.automotiveLEDresearch.com

Comment

Those look pretty cool, but I don't think I have the room behind my tail lamps in the Mazda, but I might in the Celica, but the Celica uses weird sockets and I don't have the room around where the socket goes. Bummer.

Actually they might fit, what are the heat sink dimensions?
              Last edited by Bitter; March 11th, 2018, 04:24 PM.
              2000 Celica GTS 'slowest gts evar'
              1998 Mazda 626 FS-DE/CD4E 'mom-mobile'

Comment

Originally posted by Bitter View Post
                Those look pretty cool, but I don't think I have the room behind my tail lamps in the Mazda, but I might in the Celica, but the Celica uses weird sockets and I don't have the room around where the socket goes. Bummer.

Actually they might fit, what are the heat sink dimensions?
                Bit cold outside but i measured real quick to the back of the reflector to the end of the heatsink and its roughly 5/8th an inch

Heres the auxito ones on ebay forgot to toss link in last post: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F173155390630

Comment

Hmm if you can measure the dimensions of the heatsink at some point I'd really appreciate it, and thanks for the discount ebay link.

Comment

Originally posted by evo77 View Post

Yeah not really. Check the photos again. The burned socket photos show a different bulb. Not the same design at all. Same for all the others.

The only one that IS the correct one is the guy that has only side of the bulb working. Obviously a minor defect that is easily replaced by Amazon.

These bulbs are still going strong in two of my vehicles.
                    Also if Iím reading it correctly, doesnít it say he used them in the front of his car in the pictures? It clearly states for reverse light only on the ad.

Comment

Originally posted by Bitter View Post
                      Hmm if you can measure the dimensions of the heatsink at some point I'd really appreciate it, and thanks for the discount ebay link.

its about the 5/8th inch in height and about an inch and 1/4 wide. I really need to buy some calipers one of these days....

Comment

That's close enough. I'll try to see if they'll fit either car this weekend

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm interested to see if the general consensus is that they are good. They were suggested on a subaru car froum for reverse lights also. But I trust the opinions here a bit more.

Comment

Sorry evo77 that I put the wrong info on the auxito lights. I believe the posts I was looking at were for something else. They were in the wrong place and I lacked diligence.

The lights look very interesting. I believe the thread talking about the version with the large heat exchanger and the power wire coming out the back. This looks like a good light from the comments here. What I have not figured out is to determine if this light will fit in my 2013 Honda CRV. I have not really found a full set of dimensions.

If anyone can help here: Will this unit and it's heatsink, actually fit in the space of the CRV hatch? Will the socket out the back mate properly with the existing socket?

I am having trouble keeping the various names for what seem to be the same things in terms of sockets.

If you can point to some helpful information on these things I would appreciate it. I tried once before, got the right connector (but I don't remember what it was, Honda manual says 21W - not a real help for me). The lamps looked good. As a test I put one LED lamp in the left side. I went into the yard and captured a jar of lightening bugs (catch and release) and put them in the right side. The bugs won! Unfortunately, it was really not feasible to go out and feed them every day and protect them from cold weather.

So I am looking for a better solution.

A second issue; if I may. I believe there was an earlier post about a new version of the Phillips Ultrion (sp?). Anything further on this. I really want to get rid of the existing bulbs I have installed. I put in some higher lumen versions of filament bulbs. They work better than the OEM, but got slowly dimmer. The gradual change tended to be unnoticed until one day when I drove the car (it is my wife's) I said "wow the lights suck again". I put new bulbs in and the old ones were massively black on the inside and had major bulges in the envelope of the bulbs. So I still need more light; but I don't want it to sneak up on me. That is why I want the newer Phillips.

Comment

Working...
                            X