snowblower retrofit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snowblower retrofit

I am in the process of quick retrofitting honda accord hybrid led projectors in my snowblower, no mecanical attachment, everything holds with Lepage PL ultra constructor grade glue

simple process, step 1: cut the low beam assembly in half
    step 2: cut notch in stock low beam
    step 3: glue everything down
    step 4: mount ballast
    step 5: hope it works

pictures comming soon

Interesting.

Comment

waiting for picturessssss,,, :P

Comment

there it is, sorry for the delay we had a power outtage for 22 hours

the retrofit is about 75% done i still need to install the housing permanently to the bezel

I also ran into a problem, the blower don't provide enough current to start up the mitsubishi led ballast, the blower only provides 9.2 volts I would need like 12.5 v
        what to do about that ?

on to the pictures

the lense on will be the final look and also there for protection agaisn't snow projection, it doesn't mess up the beam so bad, i fact the slight flooding it creates may even help me

Comment

This is awesome
          Forum Feedback -

Comment

LOL I think this is a first. I want to see some pictures of this in action!

Comment

Originally posted by sunsbenz View Post
              I also ran into a problem, the blower don't provide enough current to start up the mitsubishi led ballast, the blower only provides 9.2 volts I would need like 12.5 v what to do about that ?
              they do make voltage boosters, but ohms law states that any device connected that way is going to consume more power. it's important at this time to find out how much power they consume at 12v, and also how much current the snowblower generates-- i recall motorcycle guys running into issues with their oem stators needing to be upgraded to support additional lighting
              The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time

Comment

try voltage converter and see if it does supply enough ampere...

i'm not sure about the stator/generator and voltage rectifier in those....but im pretty sure they came with pretty basic halfwave voltage rectifier...

u can look online source for fullwave voltage rectifier conversion for that...

(*small bike trick)

Comment

Working...
                X