LED Engin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED Engin?

I'm considering retrofitting a set of Morimoto LED fog lights with these for high-output Amber:
    http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...QL5esBeQ%3d%3d

Anyone use LED engin before?
    Formerly Radioflyer97, had to re-register.

What are the Morimoto fogs using now for emitters? I recall initially Luxeon then they switched to Nichia but they never did which model. Do those LED Engin have the same pad layout as the Nichia? Or do you plan to completely create a new pcb?

Why did you land on that exact emitter? And why amber?
    www.automotiveLEDresearch.com

Comment

The TRS website says Nicha 5500K and claims 1200 lumens/side. (not exactly an accurate number)

I had Diode dynamics build me a set of custom PCBs using Luxeon Rebel Amber LEDs using the same board and configuration.

The LED Engin emitters are slightly larger since (7mm x 7mm) singe they use 4 elements per emitter. I would still use the same 3-across layout on the PCB to preserve the pattern.

This emitter was the brightest I could find in Amber. I like amber because 1) it works VERY well in poor visibility and 2) It looks really cool.

Comment

How much did it cost you? Could I do the same and just swap out the board or do I need to swap out the driver as well?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

with the engin LEDs, I will probably need new drivers

Comment

Working...
          X