9005 High Beam on 14-16 Corolla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9005 High Beam on 14-16 Corolla

Opinions on these 9005 High Beam bulb I got on Ebay for $25.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-x-9005-HB3...53.m2749.l2649

If there is something better out there that you guys know of let me know.

low beam only:

high beam:

That OEM Corolla high beam reflector is horrible garbage. I honestly doubt that output shot is from the Corolla high beam. 9011 halogens are your best bet, unfortunately.

Comment

Are those your output shots? If so that looks like it works fairly well.

Comment

Yes, that is mine.

Comment

That output shot definitely looks okay. That being said, the LED you used is horrible and SHOULD work horribly because of the optical design. So... horrible reflector + horrible LED = okay output? Rock it!

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
          2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Well i was also impressed at the light output but it left me thinking if there is something better out there that has more throw. I also agree with this reflector being horrible since it spreads most of the light to the sides instead of focusing it further ahead into the distance.

Comment

What does the original halogen output look like? There's probably better, but not for that price. Did you see my Xenon Depot Xtreme LED review? That more closely emulates a halogen filament via diode placement.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
              2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

If those are your photos, then that honestly doesn't look bad. The reason I said they're garbage is because I frequently get behind Corollas with their high beams on, probably unbeknownst to them. It really has no hot spot. Those LEDs in there don't look half bad, though! I say keep'em if they light up what you need.

Comment

The problem I ran into when putting 9011 HIRs into my mazda3 is that the high beam was non-adjustable, so the extra light was just thrown at the road (where the originals are aimed..) instead of helping with down road vision.
                  I'd stick with that if you don't have a highbeam aiming option.

Comment

The LED bulbs I got for my car (also 9005) have the chips at the same position as the filament in a halogen. Although this is temporary until I replace my MH1 with something else, I am impressed with their output.

https://smile.amazon.com/BEAMTECH-He...words=9005+ledThese are the LEDs I got

Comment

Originally posted by supercrossed View Post
                      The LED bulbs I got for my car (also 9005) have the chips at the same position as the filament in a halogen. Although this is temporary until I replace my MH1 with something else, I am impressed with their output. https://smile.amazon.com/BEAMTECH-He...words=9005+ledThese are the LEDs I got
                      I was looking at those exact same bulbs the other day. Glad to hear you're happy with their output. What do you think of the color? The Amazon specs say 6500K. Do you see a tinge of blue in the bulbs or are they a pure white?

Comment

TitaniumVT, They are a pale white. I would rate them at 5000K

Comment

Originally posted by TitaniumVT View Post
                          I was looking at those exact same bulbs the other day. Glad to hear you're happy with their output. What do you think of the color? The Amazon specs say 6500K. Do you see a tinge of blue in the bulbs or are they a pure white?
                          As others have said, definitly not 6500k, probably closer to 5500k

Comment

Working...
                          X