Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biled projectors list - aftermarket

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Can you post closeup pics of the fake chip?
    www.automotiveLEDresearch.com

    Comment


    • Comment


      • Originally posted by evo77 View Post
        Can you post closeup pics of the fake chip?
        chips look absolutely like the original, but without numbers on this side






        original chip from crash car from japan - prius zwv52 with new thermal grease
        Last edited by DaY; February 10th, 2020, 12:00 PM.
        Not usual retrofits: TLC 200, FF mk3, Avensis, Prius, Note, Note #2, Swift LED

        i teach english with google translate

        Comment


        • Looks original to me. I can't see anything that sticks out like a sore thumb. Usually copycats always miss something obvious.

          Your beams are nearly identical too. If chip and optic assembly is fake then the beam would tell the larger story.

          The color difference could be a number of reasons. Perhaps these Koitos are sold on the secondary market because they failed to meet OEM strict requirements and were pulled from the lot. This is also done for halogen bulbs. The top bulbs go to OEM car makers. The rest of the bulbs off the assembly line that meet federal requirements but don't meet the higher demands of OEM get sold and rebranded to others.
          www.automotiveLEDresearch.com

          Comment


          • Originally posted by evo77 View Post
            Your beams are nearly identical too.
            for photo i use one driver with cooler, one lens and difference radiator with chip. photo in M mode with manual color settings.

            neutral white dimmed chip have nano thickness dry thermal grease, be careful when buying these projectors.
            Not usual retrofits: TLC 200, FF mk3, Avensis, Prius, Note, Note #2, Swift LED

            i teach english with google translate

            Comment




            • Sometimes "brand new" Projectors are a factory recoil that did not pass performance/quality tests (eg artefacts in PC lens)
              Also imho "CN/EU" models for Asia market are not as good as EU models made in Europe and Japan, even aluminum cast is better in EU/JP or US
              I belive it is similar regerding to chips - 2nd grade for CN models

              Comment


              • Can someone recommend me a good set of (H4) Bi-LED Projectors around 100$? I'm a bit overwhelmed by the large amount of LED projectors in different price ranges and their naming on AliExpress/DHGate.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Vostec View Post
                  Can someone recommend me a good set of (H4) Bi-LED Projectors around 100$? I'm a bit overwhelmed by the large amount of LED projectors in different price ranges and their naming on AliExpress/DHGate.
                  What do you mean by H4? If your OE halogen system uses a dual filament H4 bulb, an H4-specific harness will take the H4 connector from the OE wiring that would go to the halogen bulb as signal input to the harness, and then the power side of the harness can activate the LED low and high as needed. Or did you mean a biLED that has a threaded back you can use to bolt through the H4 bulb opening in the OE headlight housing?
                  Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

                  3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by satrya View Post

                    What do you mean by H4? If your OE halogen system uses a dual filament H4 bulb, an H4-specific harness will take the H4 connector from the OE wiring that would go to the halogen bulb as signal input to the harness, and then the power side of the harness can activate the LED low and high as needed. Or did you mean a biLED that has a threaded back you can use to bolt through the H4 bulb opening in the OE headlight housing?
                    I mean the ones with the H4 Adapter rings. It's my first build and I want use something doable which is better than a PnP reflector setup.
                    Any recommendations?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Vostec View Post

                      I mean the ones with the H4 Adapter rings. It's my first build and I want use something doable which is better than a PnP reflector setup.
                      Any recommendations?
                      Then something like in post #16, which has a threaded shaft added onto the frame, would be something you should consider. I don't know if it is worth finding one with H4 adapter rings, because I have read that different vehicles that come with H4 "clocks" their H4 halogen bulbs differently. So if you rely on the notch/tab in such an adapter ring, the projector may not have the correct roll orientation (i.e. the beams may not be level). Instead, tighten the projector via the threaded shaft after making sure of its roll alignment.
                      Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

                      3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by satrya View Post

                        Then something like in post #16, which has a threaded shaft added onto the frame, would be something you should consider. I don't know if it is worth finding one with H4 adapter rings, because I have read that different vehicles that come with H4 "clocks" their H4 halogen bulbs differently. So if you rely on the notch/tab in such an adapter ring, the projector may not have the correct roll orientation (i.e. the beams may not be level). Instead, tighten the projector via the threaded shaft after making sure of its roll alignment.
                        So after reading a bit more about the topic I found out that I don't need adapter rings, I just need to find out how to wire the projectors to my H4 plug. If there is some cutting or drilling to do it shouldn't be a problem but I think I will have enough space for 3 inch LED projectors (images below are the backside of my Smart 453 headlights and what I'm looking for as result).
                        My problem is there are just so many 5500-6500k LED projectors to choose from below 150$ that I don't know which one I should buy and if they even differ from each other (in terms of brightness and beam pattern)





                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Vostec View Post

                          So after reading a bit more about the topic I found out that I don't need adapter rings, I just need to find out how to wire the projectors to my H4 plug.
                          One easy way would be to buy a wiring relay harness for H4.
                          Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

                          3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by satrya View Post

                            One easy way would be to buy a wiring relay harness for H4.
                            Something like this?
                            https://www.amazon.com/-/de/gp/aw/d/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Vostec View Post
                              Come to think of it, that depends on the biLED you choose. For ones that employ a shield that drops down just like in a biXenon, you need a different one, where the harness has a relay and logic so that when in high beam mode, the LED is still lit up, but the solenoid will move the shield down. This is because if you connected the OE H4 connector that would have gone to the halogen H4 bulb (which is dual filament), all it would do in high beam mode is move the shield, but the LED will not be on. The proper harness will not just be cables like that. Any H4 harness sold for biXenon should work.

                              For ones that employ separate LEDs for low and high beams, you may be able to connect the OE H4 connector directly (assuming you have the compatible connector on the biLED projector; or at least using something like you linked).
                              Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

                              3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by satrya View Post

                                Come to think of it, that depends on the biLED you choose. For ones that employ a shield that drops down just like in a biXenon, you need a different one, where the harness has a relay and logic so that when in high beam mode, the LED is still lit up, but the solenoid will move the shield down. This is because if you connected the OE H4 connector that would have gone to the halogen H4 bulb (which is dual filament), all it would do in high beam mode is move the shield, but the LED will not be on. The proper harness will not just be cables like that. Any H4 harness sold for biXenon should work.

                                For ones that employ separate LEDs for low and high beams, you may be able to connect the OE H4 connector directly (assuming you have the compatible connector on the biLED projector; or at least using something like you linked).
                                You could use an H4 harness, you could just run two pigtails out of the highbeam leg, with one tying back in to the "lowbeam" leg that powers the driver, and the other leg of the highbeam pigtail activating the shutter. It might result in a very fast switching off then on of the projector though.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X