No announcement yet.

Biled projectors list - aftermarket

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh got it, fan took 1W, I totally forgot about it.

Yes, you should have slight headroom, though, data sheet is so incomplete, no junction temp vs output parameter, hard to predict how effective to add another 5-10% drive current vs beneficial output gain per additional temp expectancy. I believe it is best to measure actual sample in detail !!

You seems to have good observation environment, are you able to measure luminous flux to compare too?
    Share your founding here please!

I agree,,, you really did get least desirable voltage bin batch

Last edited by upashi; March 4th, 2019, 02:05 AM.

Comment

• Yes, I can measure flux. I do not have a calibrated sphere set up, so I can just do relative measurements for comparison. Actual absolute value will be meaningless.

Comment

• Anyone retrofitted the 2019 ram bi led?
        NEW OEM SET LED BI-FUNCTION HIGH & LOW BEAM 2019 RAM TRUCK PROJECTOR [B] | eBay Motors, Parts & Accessories, Car & Truck Parts | eBay!

Comment

• Originally posted by Colton View Post
          Anyone retrofitted the 2019 ram bi led?
          No. It's dual projector design isn't quite retro friendly. Plus that auction doesn't include the necessary drivers to power them. And also the necessary bracket to align them both since both illuminate at the same time. I have a pair here that I've been waiting to find the drivers.

You can find an easier version to retro with the 19 Jeep Cherokee or the 18+ Jeep Wrangler. Same technology. Similar beam performance. Same manufacturer (AL-Automotive Lighting). The Cherokee version has a supplemental reflector LED beam that boosts beam width.

Comment

• I have a set too I also can't find the drivers thanks for the info.

Comment

• Originally posted by evo77 View Post

Brighter? NO. The PJX literally has a brighter peak than many 35w HID projectors. Its pretty impressive. Width wise its not as comparable.

But width is not the end all for determining high performance lighting.

Technical specs are scarce. Only made up specs on various Chinese sites. But yes it uses a forward facing LED array, which technically speaking, is a more efficient way to create a proper beam. However execution is key. Not sure this one hit the nail on the head though.

Images aren't the tell all sign for beam performance. Only a photometric report can do that.

LED projectors (OEM and aftermarket) use plastic reflectors. Halogens and Xenon use metal due to heat. Material does not dictate beam performance. The optical design of the bowl does that.
              I've tried both the silver (6000k) and black (5000k). I like the output, the cutoff and ease of installation since the drivers are internal. They just aren't wide enough. They also don't have a foreground limiter. At distance the cutoff is still nice and has a wide blue color band but not clear and crisp like with HID.

Comment

• Cut off is nice but it looks like a blue halogen projector.

Comment

• It's actually quite white but the yellow floods from the house and the camera distort the color a bit.

Comment

• Yeah I meant in terms of width. E.g.

Comment

• Oh. Yeah I can see that. If you are in a 3 lane highway it will light up all 3 easily from the center lane but it barely spans the length of the windshield. My MH1's go door to door and are pretty close to the front of the vehicle. I'm currently running them to see how long they will actually last. I'll make some fogs to cover the width where these are lacking. I still prefer HIDs though.

Comment

• My LED projectors after the last snow storm.

Comment

• Yes, that's a draw back of LED and HID, there's no heat to keep the lens cleared.
                          2000 Celica GTS 'slowest gts evar'
                          1998 Mazda 626 FS-DE/CD4E 'mom-mobile'

Comment

• Originally posted by se7enine View Post
                            My LED projectors after the last snow storm.

Are the heatsinks sealed inside the housing or are they outside the housing in fresh air?

I'm planning on doing a LED retrofit in the near future, thankfully it will be on a mainly summer vehicle. But I figured the fan and the heatsink if sealed inside the housing should move enough warm air around to keep the lens warm. But I'm just guessing

Comment

• I have the heat sink out the back. It's too much work to make it enclosed in a 7X6 housing and still circulate enough to keep things cool. The LED projectors themselves are sealed so I'm not worried about them sticking outside.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bitter View Post
                                Yes, that's a draw back of LED and HID, there's no heat to keep the lens cleared.
                                HIDs make heat

Comment

Working...
                                X