Biled projectors list - aftermarket

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spud2388 View Post

Just what I was told. I am new to alibaba and apparently they have a feature to where you can post what you are looking for and suppliers will contact you, so Im going to go that route and see what happens. Will keep yall updated.
    I purchased Yike lights through their Alibaba store. Shipping was $28 for DHL express to the US.

Miya was the rep who helped me out.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...20fe4f959jhuCD

I think those are 2.0 lights, I ordered 5000k color.

I tried emailing Lidya directly earlier, before ordering on Alibaba, she told me the same thing, go through TRS or else shipping is ridiculously high.

Comment

• Originally posted by earthwormjim View Post

I purchased Yike lights through their Alibaba store. Shipping was $28 for DHL express to the US.

Miya was the rep who helped me out.

I think those are 2.0 lights, I ordered 5000k color.

I tried emailing Lidya directly earlier, before ordering on Alibaba, she told me the same thing, go through TRS or else shipping is ridiculously high.
      Just used this link as well. $25 shipping to North Carolina. $145 total.

Thank you for that!

Comment

• Hi All,

I am looking for a small LED projector, after realizing that a 3" one with G5 shape would never fit.

The only one I have found is this one:

https://tinyurl.com/y28hpoz3

Any other idea on a 2.5" one? ANy feedback on the one posted?

I cannot really fit anything bigger, and I already splashed some money (sigh).

Comment

• A smaller lens affects the width of the projected beam. Which is why most decent aftermarket bileds aren't offered in a smaller size.

This one here (with blue lens holder) is one of the very first bileds to ever hit the aftermarket. It generally has good distance illumination but again it lacks width and has a pencil beam. There may be a few others on the market in 2.5" but since they are so scarce I highly doubt you will find much feedback on this forum.

Comment

• Thanks Evo,

I know - I have to compromise. Unfortunately the installation is on a motorbike hence space is very tight. A 3" lens does not fit, even cutting with the Dremel all the bits and pieces that I would not use with a threaded shaft connection.

The alternative would be the Morimoto Mini H1 7 (HID rather than LED), but the cost is around twice as much if I consider projectors and decent bulbs (I already have the ballast). The Mori is superior to the one posted, but it is also a bit more of a pain.

Comment

• No pain no gain.

Comment

• I have heard of people using this LED projector with good results.

Comment

• Anybody know anything about these? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/TAOC...4544790dlLz0uX

Comment

• Originally posted by bob_vii View Post
                    Did you bother to read this thread? Go back one page

Comment

• Anyone knows what shrouds fit the ilens 2.0/pjx ? I had a pair of mini h1 standard shrouds but they are too long and not right size.

Comment

• Originally posted by gt13013 View Post
                        Hello. My bike has two front lights (see pictures here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/pkMLQMFwPXbSycQ4A ) but I find that they do not light enough. Moreover, in low light, only the left light is on, while when in high light, only the right light is on. They are halogen (H3) lights.
                        My idea would be to replace these lights by two bi-LED projectors.
                        But I have not been able to figure if these bi-LED are waterproof. I need waterproof ones, and generally the seller of these bi-LED do not say anything about water resistance.
                        Can you please tell me if these lights are waterproof? Thanks.
                        Maybe something like these?

https://tinyurl.com/yxzdhykc

Comment

• I did some quick and dirty thermal testing on the Yike lights I bought:

They stay pretty cool. Roughly a 14 C degree temperature delta between ambient. I had my thermocouple glued to the temperature testing pads on the LED substrate board. This was just an open air test with the fan running at room temperature.

Next I'm going to probe the DC-DC converter the lights came with, see how much current and voltage the LEDs consume. Looks to be a 3 channel output driver. Total input power consumption was about 35W for one headlight, so a lot less than the 37W output claim... Since the lights stay fairly cool, I'm planning on opening up the converter, and increase current output a little. I'll do a final test in my housing retrofit to verify they're still cool when in essentially a sealed dutch oven.

Beam pattern looks nice, no where near as wide as my FX-R projectors, but much better center intensity, which is what I wanted. I'm constantly blinded by on coming traffic on my route home, so I have pretty bad night vision.

Still need to figure out how I'm going to retrofit these into my E30's headlights. My original FX-R retrofit has major water sealing problems, that projector is huge so I had to do tons of cutting, planning on keeping the E30 housing intact this time, and maybe 3D printing a back cover to seal things up. Don't have to worry about bulbs melting 3D printed parts with LED now, like I did with HID.
                          Last edited by earthwormjim; March 3rd, 2019, 01:33 PM. Reason: Added brand name.

Comment

• Originally posted by Starflex978 View Post

Maybe something like these?

https://tinyurl.com/yxzdhykc
                            Wow those lights are awesome, wonder how they would function as a low beam, would certainly make my life easier not having to deal with water proofing.

Comment

• Originally posted by earthwormjim View Post
                              I did some quick and dirty thermal testing on the Yike lights I bought:

They stay pretty cool. Roughly a 14 C degree temperature delta between ambient. I had my thermocouple glued to the temperature testing pads on the LED substrate board. This was just an open air test with the fan running at room temperature.

Next I'm going to probe the DC-DC converter the lights came with, see how much current and voltage the LEDs consume. Looks to be a 3 channel output driver. Total input power consumption was about 35W for one headlight, so a lot less than the 37W output claim... Since the lights stay fairly cool, I'm planning on opening up the converter, and increase current output a little. I'll do a final test in my housing retrofit to verify they're still cool when in essentially a sealed dutch oven.

Beam pattern looks nice, no where near as wide as my FX-R projectors, but much better center intensity, which is what I wanted. I'm constantly blinded by on coming traffic on my route home, so I have pretty bad night vision.

Still need to figure out how I'm going to retrofit these into my E30's headlights. My original FX-R retrofit has major water sealing problems, that projector is huge so I had to do tons of cutting, planning on keeping the E30 housing intact this time, and maybe 3D printing a back cover to seal things up. Don't have to worry about bulbs melting 3D printed parts with LED now, like I did with HID.

You probably should not boost drive current, considering HML3 emitter absolute max rating is designed at 3,000mA drive.
                              It's 3 series layout emitter, Vf=10.4V at max 3,000mA drive that gives 31.2W of output.

If driver efficiency is around 80-85% ( which is likely to be standard efficiency rate for this kind of buck driver), 90%-95% of max drive rate will gives around 35W consumption at input.
                              It likely is driving around 2,700mA - 2,850mA, already upper high range set up

Comment

• Originally posted by upashi View Post

You probably should not boost drive current, considering HML3 emitter absolute max rating is designed at 3,000mA drive.
                                It's 3 series layout emitter, Vf=10.4V at max 3,000mA drive that gives 31.2W of output.

If driver efficiency is around 80-85% ( which is likely to be standard efficiency rate for this kind of buck driver), 90%-95% of max drive rate will gives around 35W consumption at input.
                                It likely is driving around 2,700mA - 2,850mA, already upper high range set up
                                Don't forget about the fan, that was a little more than 1 watt off of the 35W I saw, so 34W in at 85% efficiency is more like 29W power output. I'm assuming the fan connection is just a pass-through, and not on a regulator.

Vf of the LEDs was 10.9V, these seem to be the crappier FE binned parts. So around 2.65-2.7A for the LED right now. Another 5-10% higher should be reasonable. I've soldered LED dies onto substrate boards before, so worst case I fry an LED chip and replace it.

Will actually measure it first, see what's really going to the LEDs. Also curious about what ripple current looks like, you can get a few more lumens by ensuring the ripple is minimal, even though the average current isn't any different.

http://www.latticebright.com/UploadF...1161393861.pdf

Comment

Working...
                                X