X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sportyaccordy View Post
    PJX = Profile II? If so they look really good

Just not ready to commit to LED for the long term

Yes they are just like the Profile 1.0 was the iLens which is made by same company as the PJX.

Comment

• Regarding the Cnlight / Yike / PJX 2.0.

I'm looking at this projector, as the light pattern seems very good. Out of the current projector variants is there anything that shines brighter/wider? I also saw this

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/TAOC...931153673.html

It looks unique and unlike others, especially with its LED arrangement (without a reflector?)

Anyone know something about this projector? The PJX 2.0 has a nice looking LED but the reflector is plastic (they say that way they can better control the beam pattern with a smoother shape of the reflector, but I figure a metal reflector is still better? But then again LEDs do not heat up the surface like HID or even halogen projectors.

Anyone's thoughts on this would be welcome. Also I would like to try and find the supplier of the projector I found on aliexpress.

Comment

• Looks crap, but buy and see for yourself?

Comment

• W/o a wall shot I'm not sold

Also looks like they were testing on a live highway in the video lmao.

Comment

• Originally posted by vassandrei View Post
            Regarding the Cnlight / Yike / PJX 2.0.

I'm looking at this projector, as the light pattern seems very good. Out of the current projector variants is there anything that shines brighter/wider?
            Brighter? NO. The PJX literally has a brighter peak than many 35w HID projectors. Its pretty impressive. Width wise its not as comparable.

But width is not the end all for determining high performance lighting.

I also saw this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/TAOC...931153673.html

It looks unique and unlike others, especially with its LED arrangement (without a reflector?)

Anyone know something about this projector?
            Technical specs are scarce. Only made up specs on various Chinese sites. But yes it uses a forward facing LED array, which technically speaking, is a more efficient way to create a proper beam. However execution is key. Not sure this one hit the nail on the head though.

Images aren't the tell all sign for beam performance. Only a photometric report can do that.

The PJX 2.0 has a nice looking LED but the reflector is plastic (they say that way they can better control the beam pattern with a smoother shape of the reflector, but I figure a metal reflector is still better? But then again LEDs do not heat up the surface like HID or even halogen projectors.
            LED projectors (OEM and aftermarket) use plastic reflectors. Halogens and Xenon use metal due to heat. Material does not dictate beam performance. The optical design of the bowl does that.

Comment

• Interesting! There should be a review of the forward facing module this coming Tuesday on DRIVE2 (one installation centre in Moscow told me they tested it). So we will see what itís like. One vendor wants 200 usd for it, and I can get the pjx module for about half that. Anyway, Iím curious if itís any good.. if not Iíll get the pjx one.

Comment

• Originally posted by strela View Post
                Today I received PJX update soon
                Hi Strela,

Any update on this one???

Where did you get it from? ALiexpress or dealing directly through Miya?

Comment

• I would like a bit more info on buying these, review etc. I'm looking to buy a pair for a upcoming retrofit

Searching alibaba for "PJX" results in this
                  Which makes it look like Yike is the only seller?
                  Searching just their store, here
                  Now there are 8 listings for PJX projectors that can be purchased individually. Ranging in price from $120-200USD
                  There are listing for 36, 37, 40 and 41 watt

It looks like there are two colour temp options. 5000/6000K

Looks like all the listings have this: Light intensive: LO:70000CD/ HI:73000CD
                  Yet there are listings for 3000lm, 4000lm, 7000lm

And then there are different chip options: LATTICE, Lattice*6PCS, CREE XHP-35, 3pcs--lattice--HML3 (I think the CREE was an error)

It looks like these combinations that are offered, doesn't look like anywhere to specify LHD or RHD.

Light efficiency: 3000lm
                  Led Chip: 3pcs-lattice-HML3
                  Light Intensity: Low 70000cd/ Hi: 73000cd
                  Color Temperature: 6000K
                  Power: Low 37W/Hi: 41W
                  $120

Light efficiency: 4000lm
                  LED CHIP: 3pcs Lattice HML3
                  $140
                  Description: Q5 and H5 Car Bi-Led 4000lumens, doesn't seem like a PJX?

Light efficiency: 7000lm
                  $120 + 227 shipping?
                  37 or 41 watt buying option?
                  Description: 7000LM Hi/Lo 6000K

Light efficiency:
                  $200?

Description and quick details are different, description is same as the others
                  Light efficiency:
                  $200?
                  Description: 3000lm

Light efficiency: 4000lm
                  LED CHIP: Lattice*6PCS
                  Color Temperature: 5000K/6000K
                  $120
                  Buying options, two different colours? 36 Watt
                  ​​​​​​​Description: 5000K 6000K 4000LM

Light efficiency:
                  LED CHIP: LATTICE
                  Light Intensity: Low 70000cd/ Hi: 75000cd
                  $200
                  Buying options: Two colours. 40 Watt
                  ​​​​​​​Description: 5000K 41W 75000CD

Light efficiency:
                  LED CHIP: LATTICE
                  Light Intensity: Low 70000cd/ Hi: 75000cd
                  $200
                  Buying options: Two colours. 40 Watt
                  Description: 6000K 75000CD

So I don't have a clue....

Comment

• Yike Opto is the manufacturer and main source for the PJX. Any other brand, such as CNlight or soon the Profile brand from TRS or anyone else on the net for that matter is just rebranding it.

They are all the same. Same power output. Same Lattice chip. Just specify your preferred color temp (5000K or 6000K).

Comment

• Is the 5000K significantly dimmer?

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
                      2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

• Well if they are all the exactly the same aside from colour (5000K or 6000K) then I would really like to find a pair of 5000K at the $120 price point.
                        I'm guessing Yike themselves has all those listing just for different keywords then.

Comment

• At the moment, no RHD available.

Comment

• Originally posted by Starflex978 View Post

Hi Strela,

Any update on this one???

Where did you get it from? ALiexpress or dealing directly through Miya?
                            Alibaba, shipping is DHL, the projector is better than MH1 7.0 Morimoto about 50 percent. I didn t put them in car yet, because of bad weather. When I install everything I will send picture of my complete project.

Comment

• Have a question to evo77
                              What about electric motor for solenoid of low/high beam on PJX projector, it is completly different solutio like no other projector in market. What about durability of that solution because I think when you hit high beam the electric motor are in position overstrain almost like you stop electric motor spinning with hand and hold in that position some time. Is it bad solution?

Comment

• Originally posted by strela View Post
                                Have a question to evo77
                                What about electric motor for solenoid of low/high beam on PJX projector, it is completly different solutio like no other projector in market. What about durability of that solution because I think when you hit high beam the electric motor are in position overstrain almost like you stop electric motor spinning with hand and hold in that position some time. Is it bad solution?
                                I cannot comment on this as I have never looked into this matter. However the solenoid style is in fact used by a major lighting manufacturer. Its used by Stanley Electric of Japan in their bi-led models. So for what its worth, if Stanley feels that a solenoid of this design (instead of the standard plunger type) is good enough to use in thousands of vehicle headlamps then perhaps its not so bad after all.

Comment

Working...
                                X