Biled projectors list - aftermarket

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biled projectors list - aftermarket

Was thinking this thread can be the dumping grounds for sharing info/reviews/discussions on new and current biled projectors that hit the market (alibaba, aliexpress, ebay, etc.).

Found this one today. Built in driver. Supposedly a Seoul CSP chip however it doesn't really look the WICOP automotive chip (4 or 5) on their website. Size/shape resembles that of the Koito which is no surprise. I'm sure everyone is sorta modeling their projectors after it.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...115.161.ZqwtnZ

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...7115.49.ZqwtnZ

Comment

Originally posted by evo77 View Post
      Was thinking this thread can be the dumping grounds for sharing info/reviews/discussions on new and current biled projectors that hit the market (alibaba, aliexpress, ebay, etc.). Found this one today. Built in driver. Supposedly a Seoul CSP chip however it doesn't really look the WICOP automotive chip (4 or 5) on their website. Size/shape resembles that of the Koito which is no surprise. I'm sure everyone is sorta modeling their projectors after it. https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...115.161.ZqwtnZ
      Good Lord... I hope "brass electric" is a typo and they meant to say "copper"... those windings should never be brass lol. Same thing for a Zinc alloy reflector... that better be the cast material (substrate) and not the PVD layers on top.

Comment

no, it's a souel chip! this is a case where the seemingly obvious typo might actually be correct.. lol
        The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time

Comment

I think they're, through engrish, trying to imply it's a Samsung emitter.
          2000 Celica GTS 'slowest gts evar'
          1998 Mazda 626 FS-DE/CD4E 'mom-mobile'

Comment

I think I found that DMEX E2 bi-led projector on AliExpress under a different store at a reasonable price: http://s.aliexpress.com/NZnaEjIr Beam pattern and mounting looks similar to the D2S 4.0

I found another one at a slightly higher price but with a beam pattern that is laughable at best: http://s.aliexpress.com/QZjeauIF

If I wasn't on my phone, I'd post more details. Anyways, enjoy.

Comment

So....

That's the same shield assembly as the 'prototype' new M-LED. The blue one was their first try.
              2000 Celica GTS 'slowest gts evar'
              1998 Mazda 626 FS-DE/CD4E 'mom-mobile'

Comment

Originally posted by Bitter View Post
                So.... That's the same shield assembly as the 'prototype' new M-LED. The blue one was their first try.
                Optics seem so half assed IMO. Shouldn't they be able to direct the light from an LED better than that? Why does it need such a massive foreground limiter. Seems they could just adjust the optics to move that light upward.
                2013 Grand Caravan. LS460s + RX350s.

Comment

Output of DMEX BiLed projector lens looks really nice. Cutoff is sharp.

Comment

Originally posted by lowfat View Post
                    Optics seem so half assed IMO. Shouldn't they be able to direct the light from an LED better than that? Why does it need such a massive foreground limiter. Seems they could just adjust the optics to move that light upward.
                    yep. foreground limiter on led is like racing horses, but tying two of their legs together!
                    The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time

Comment

Link to DMEX projector on Ali
                      https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/3281...kjF1L#autostay

Comment

I got some picture of output E2 DMEX BiLED projectors. Quality of picture is very poor but I can see that width is not so big...

Comment

Originally posted by maciekelga View Post
                          I got some picture of output E2 DMEX BiLED projectors. Quality of picture is very poor but I can see that width is not so big...
                          Is this a photo you took yourself?

If not, and its from the manufacturer, I don't trust it. Even if its not a flattering photo.

Comment

No, It is from manufacture. I also not trust them...But even if is true, looks the projectors are not so good.

Comment

Originally posted by lowfat View Post
                              I believe either the reflector bowl design has to be much more complex (and thus possibly make precision mounting of the LED emitter much more critical than it already is), or the lens can't be a simple plano-convex lens. The former is probably limited by any actual R&D that needs to be done and the potential added cost of a higher precision manufacturing and assembly line. The latter is probably limited to the ability to design and manufacture a more complex lens (like MDX's for example).
                              Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Working...
                              X