No announcement yet.

NEW Philips Xtreme Ultinon H7 LED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This should be tested on a E55, the most popular halogen projector. Curious if it produces a decent output like HIDs in those projectors. But I doubt because no LED bulb can reproduce 360 degrees light like HID or halogen.
    Last edited by Alberto; July 26th, 2017, 01:08 PM.

Chevrolet Astra 2.0
    OEM Hella E55 frosted lens with 4-position Eletric Leveling
    Yeaky 5500k @ Hyluxtek ASIC DSP 50W

Comment

Hotspot is created by the top of the bowl, is it not? Even if the LEDs did a perfect 180 of light, there would still be a gap where the body is. Thus the weaker hotspot I'm guessing.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
      2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Haloruler64 View Post
        Hotspot is created by the top of the bowl, is it not? Even if the LEDs did a perfect 180 of light, there would still be a gap where the body is. Thus the weaker hotspot I'm guessing.
        I swear someone posted a picture once that showed the area right around the bulb opening was responsible for hotspot, which would explain why LED PNP sucks so much in that regard. Though I may be wrong.

Comment

satrya posted those diagrams but I never understood them.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
          2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Originally posted by rdriggett View Post
            I swear someone posted a picture once that showed the area right around the bulb opening was responsible for hotspot, which would explain why LED PNP sucks so much in that regard. Though I may be wrong.
            Originally posted by Haloruler64 View Post
            satrya posted those diagrams but I never understood them.
            The more useful one would have been what upashi posted in this thread:
            https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/for...ry?view=thread
            alas, many of the photos are no longer available.

There was also a simpler cartoon of what different parts of the bowl was mostly responsible for. Similar conclusion as upashi's.

Fwiw, here's mine; based on the simplest dual-ellipsoid shape that is the basis of all automotive projectors afaik. Light that is closest to the horizon of the lens should be responsible for the hotspot/distance.

I masked the bottom half of a crappy halogen projector:

The result:
            Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Just ordered those 🙂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X