Q50 LED Turn Signal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q50 LED Turn Signal

Anyone ever try retrofitting a set of the Infiniti LED turn signal into a front bumper bezel? Thought it might be a pretty cool and inexpensive projector.

Brand new you can get each side for $54 shipped sold directly by Infiniti. My bezel is about $12 each.

Your looking to add it in the lower portion of the bezel (below the fog)?
    www.automotiveLEDresearch.com

Comment

Originally posted by evo77 View Post
      Your looking to add it in the lower portion of the bezel (below the fog)?
      Yeah I was just kind of mulling over ideas and thought about the infiniti turn signals. They seem pretty small but I'm still not 100% it would even fit if I attempt it. I might purchase one side and see how it looks in person. Any idea what emitters it uses? I always thought these could be bright so maybe if I do get one I'll cut it open.

Comment

Since the lamp is made by Stanley I'm going to guess that they used their own in-house emitters. Probably one of these two. Hard to tell for sure without macro shots of Q50 lamp.

These are both designed for automotive use and specifically for turn signals.

Comment

Do you know the limits on this emitter? From the back of the housing I see it says 13.5 Volts / 10.5 watts. So thats just over 750mA

Comment

Max ratings for both are 800mA.

The 2nd emitter is a much more high power version than the 1st. I don't think the Q50 lamp is driving them that hard because you'd probably see a visible heatsink out the back. The driver module is probably limiting them to under 200mA each (I think I see 6 of them) depending on how the circuit is wired up.

Comment

So on the back of the housing the 10.5 watts. That not correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Pklemm View Post
                So on the back of the housing the 10.5 watts. That not correct?
                Are there 4 LED in the assembly? If so, he said 200mA per led each which is dead on. 200mA x 4leds=800mA for the assembly . 800mA x 13.5v=10.5watts.
                Custom shield service not available at this time.

PM is not a great way to reach me. Email me at imagioX1@outlook.com

Comment

Thinking about using these on my 99 Camaro. Currently running off the shelf 7440 LED assemblies from the various vendors on Ebay/Amazon. They're bright, but they don't last more than a few months with these always being on, in my car. Wondering if I can cut these up and remove the LED boards to be used in my 99 Camaro turn signal assemblies. Might be possible...

Did you get any further with this project Pklemm ?

Comment

Working...
                  X