Blinker Resistor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blinker Resistor

So I'm currently installing a set of ghozt lighting controllers into my tail lights. Factory tail light bulb is a 3157. Seeing how my brake light and blinker are unified in the rear, I am running a fuse tap from both front blinkers to the rears and for the brake light I'm tapping into the third brake light.

Doing this will leave me with no bulb in the rear factory 3157 blinker/brake. So I was wondering if I could run a larger resistor that would apply a big enough load to resist hyperflash. I will have LED blinker bulbs upfront with 50 watt 6 ohm resistors.

Also I will have the resistors upfront for the blinkers but seeing how I'm tapping into the fuse panel, before the resistors are being used, will I have to run another set of resistors in the rear as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which car?? By any chance it uses relay for turn signal or bcm controls the blinking?
    My feedback thread
    https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/for...for-mayurhuria

Comment

Originally posted by mayurhuria
      Which car?? By any chance it uses relay for turn signal or bcm controls the blinking?
      07 Impala. And I'm not exactly sure. I've looked briefly around for a relay for the blinkers and havent found anything. I do know the front and rear blinkers, let's say drivers side is all under one fuse, instead of having drivers side front and drivers side rear seperate.

Comment

No relay its controlled by bcm only. Confirmed.
        My feedback thread

Comment

No relay its controlled by bcm only. Confirmed.
          Ok. Thank you. So any idea how large of a resistor I could run to trick the BCM into thinking there's an actual bulb back there?

Comment

Originally posted by KG2014 View Post

Ok. Thank you. So any idea how large of a resistor I could run to trick the BCM into thinking there's an actual bulb back there?

Can't assure you but same 50w 6ohm per side should do the trick.
            My feedback thread

Comment

Can't assure you but same 50w 6ohm per side should do the trick.
              I tried that when I had LED bulbs in all corners and when one of the bulbs burnt out it wasn't enough of a load and I got hyper flash from it.

Comment

Working...
              X