Top 9003/H4 "BLUE" Headlight Bulb???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 9003/H4 "BLUE" Headlight Bulb???

I'm looking for an awesome pair of bulbs for my 01 Civic. Right now I have the Philips X-treme Vision and their great. But I'm looking for more of the "BLUE" look. I'm NOT interested in getting any HID's or anything like that. Just some nice, longer lasting, BLUEISH bulbs. Would appreciate any help with this on what brand to get. MTEC, Philips, GP Thunder, Hella, PIAA, ect... What is the best and all around good ones to get?
    Last edited by ATMJDM01; September 10th, 2013, 01:22 AM. Reason: CHANGED TITLE. MORE GENERAL

I'm not sure if this is true but aren't most blue non HID bulbs just a coating of blue/ blue lense on top of a regular filament bulb? I would guess that no matter what bulb you get it'll still only be blue tinted glass/coating so the bluer you get it might mean less output?

I'm just basing this on blue 9004 bulbs I used a long time ago

whats you're reason for not using an HID kit? seems like it could run you the same cost but get greater output and color that you want

Comment

Originally posted by twista View Post
      I'm not sure if this is true but aren't most blue non HID bulbs just a coating of blue/ blue lense on top of a regular filament bulb? I would guess that no matter what bulb you get it'll still only be blue tinted glass/coating so the bluer you get it might mean less output?
      True.

RX350BX (EU) | STI-R | XB35 Ballasts| HD Relay | 66240 CBI | JDM AStar LED Int. | AFSpec LED Ext.

Comment

Originally posted by twista View Post

I'm just basing this on blue 9004 bulbs I used a long time ago

whats you're reason for not using an HID kit? seems like it could run you the same cost but get greater output and color that you want
        I will be upgrading to this Morimoto kit for my headlights down the road but getting some other stuff done on my car first before spending money down on a HID kit. --->http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...ducts_id=12824............ I do understand the less lighting output. Do you or anyone know which brand to go with for a good quality pair of bulbs that give out more of a Blue output but maybe has a good shine on the road to see? Also, how come I can't hit ENTER on this to separate my wording? lol. How do I fix this on the forums?

Comment

No blue coated bulb is gonna give you more light than normal clear bulbs. GE does make Nighthawk bulbs that do have a blue tint at the tip of the bulbs, so they might give off a more whitish light without sacrificing light from the hotspot. GE Nighthawks do not last long at all and are expensive.

Comment

I've always seen these Raybrig bulbs that are supposed to be white but I have never tried them personally.
            Last edited by gold94corolla; May 27th, 2014, 01:13 AM. Reason: removed link

RX350BX (EU) | STI-R | XB35 Ballasts| HD Relay | 66240 CBI | JDM AStar LED Int. | AFSpec LED Ext.

Comment

Originally posted by kcg795 View Post
              No blue coated bulb is gonna give you more light than normal clear bulbs. GE does make Nighthawk bulbs that do have a blue tint at the tip of the bulbs, so they might give off a more whitish light without sacrificing light from the hotspot. GE Nighthawks do not last long at all and are expensive.
              Yeah I don't want a bulb that doesn't last long lol. Just something of good quality and lasts a good while but coming off more of a blue color output. I saw PIAA's Super Plasma Gt-X but they said it's more of a purple color. The screenshot of it on the road looks sick but IDK if the color would be too much purple lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Lezner View Post
                I've always seen these Raybrig bulbs that are supposed to be white but I have never tried them personally.
                Oh wow, the WHITESONIC looks REALLY good. That color is good too. SUPER White almost gives that blue look which is perfect too.
                Last edited by gold94corolla; May 27th, 2014, 01:13 AM. Reason: removed link

Comment

Originally posted by ATMJDM01 View Post
                  Oh wow, the WHITESONIC looks REALLY good. That color is good too. SUPER White almost gives that blue look which is perfect too.
                  If you decide to order some, take some pics and/or videos of them.

Comment

Why would you want your headlights blue anyway? It's very dangerous in poor weather since it just scatters. Most of us stick with 4,300k to 5,000k of white light. Our purple/blue color on our retrofits is actually color flicker from the refraction of light going over the cutoff shield and is magnified with the lens.

Comment

Why would you want your headlights blue anyway? It's very dangerous in poor weather since it just scatters. Most of us stick with 4,300k to 5,000k of white light. Our purple/blue color on our retrofits is actually color flicker from the refraction of light going over the cutoff shield and is magnified with the lens.
                      Well maybe I should clarify and say Super white? With some blue tint to it. Like the WhiteSonic Sean linked me too. Kevlar can be between 4,300k to 6k. Anyone heard of the MTEC's? They have Cosmos Blue 4,750k and look AMAZING on some sites I have seen pictures of.

Comment

Well, I did get some OSRAM rally bulbs off eBay for my Toyota Van to go in my H4 4656 AutoPal housings and they put out a nice white light at 80/85 watts.

Comment

Well, I did get some OSRAM rally bulbs off eBay for my Toyota Van to go in my H4 4656 AutoPal housings and they put out a nice white light at 80/85 watts.
                          I found some of those but the watts are higher than my stock. Don't want to risk anything with wiring.

Comment

Do you think MTEC Cosmos Blue 4,750k would be a good color? It's below 5k... Or even the MTEC Super White which is 4,350k.
                            Last edited by ATMJDM01; September 8th, 2013, 09:43 PM.

Comment

would this be better served in the halogen section? it doesn't seem like the right people are finding this thread, and i haven't a clue on any of it, so just curious...
                              The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time

Comment

Working...
                              X