Brightest H11 bulbs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brightest H11 bulbs?

My HID's have gone out and unless the shop is able to fix them for a very cheap price, I will have to go back to using the stock halogen headlamps. I would like to use the best H11 halogen lights possible and from some of the reading that I've been doing it appears to be Philips Automotive Lighting H11 X-tremeVision Upgrade Headlight Bulb with up to 100% More Vision, White (12362XVB2) 2 Count (Pack of 1).

Are there any alternatives that you would recommend for H11 bulbs?

Color of the light is not important to me so no need to look for "ultra white" or anything like that. I want the best vision on the road, but I am not particularly interested in having to pay diagnostic fees, etc, each time the HID set goes out, hence the return to halogen headlamps/.
    I think I still have them OEM headlamps lying around somewhere.

I would just use H9 bulbs instead.

Comment

Originally posted by trsnanny View Post
      I would just use H9 bulbs instead.

I was reading about that but but looks like there are some modifications that need to occur and I don't feel confident doing adjustments like that myself, unfortunately.

Comment

Hi, maybe we can troubleshot your Xenon setup if you give some more information about the non working setup.
        Are both sides not working? Was it a retrofit or OEM Xenon headlights? Is there a differnt harness with relays?
        Subaru Outback retrofit:
        http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...aru-Outback-H6
        License plate lights with dual brightness:
        https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/for...hen-backing-up

Comment

Originally posted by Crossgolf View Post
          Hi, maybe we can troubleshot your Xenon setup if you give some more information about the non working setup.
          Are both sides not working? Was it a retrofit or OEM Xenon headlights? Is there a different harness with relays?

Thank you. I actually had taken it to the shop. Turns out one ballast was dead, and the other one was intermittently going out (same thing that happened to one of my ballasts last year when I took it into the shop but it had miraculously recovered somehow). Since the symptoms were similar from what happened last, year, I figured the other morimoto ballast was going to be failing soon. I ended up replacing both ballasts with whatever the shop had (some 35w generic, I am certain) and $230 out the door with both ballasts, cable fees, and tax), I now have working headlights again.

If something goes out once more , then I will just pay them to remove the entire HID setup and replace them with the stock halogen headlamps the car came with.

Comment

Working...
          X