Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible to sharpen H11 projector cutoff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible to sharpen H11 projector cutoff?

I have a 2014 Mazda CX-5 with H11 halogen projectors. The light output and width is decent, but the cutoff leaves much to be desired. Is there any possibility of making the cutoff a bit sharper? I was considering a Morimoto Elite H11 HID setup, and I would hate to have that fuzzy cutoff with HID bulbs.
    1994 BG-33P Paradise Blue Integra GS-R
    Full 98+ conversion
    Morimoto D2S 5.0 bi-xenon projectors

How are the lenses? Are they absolutely crystal clear? If not, there's nothing you can do.

Comment

Originally posted by gold94corolla View Post
      How are the lenses? Are they absolutely crystal clear? If not, there's nothing you can do.
      It's whatever the Stanley H11 projecors have, which probably are not clear. So I guess the next question is, has anyone done a lens swap on a Stanley H11 halogen projector? The Morimoto 2.5" Black series supposedly are compatible with most Japanese 2.5" projectors.

https://lightwerkz.net/collections/c...5-black-series
      Full 98+ conversion

Comment

I wonder if my Lexus ct200h had the same h11 projectors. They did fine with Morimoto 2-stroke 3.0 LED bulbs in them. If the lens looks clear, one trick I did decades ago with some aftermarket projector head lights was use a mechanical pencil with the shirt clip broken and stuck it in through the bulb opening to push and/or pull on the shields to adjust them for sharpness and color. It actually worked lol.

Comment

Well I just proved the increase in sharpness with a clear lens swap. I swapped out my Integra halogen projectors with a frosted lens to a crystal clear lens, and it made a huge difference in cutoff color and sharpness. Probably increased output, too, but I can't really tell for sure.

Full 98+ conversion

Comment

Yeah it probably needs a lens swap. But which lens? Who knows. If you're going to all that trouble, might as well swap the projector anyway. I wonder if you contact Lightwerkz, they would know.

Comment

Originally posted by gold94corolla View Post
              Yeah it probably needs a lens swap. But which lens? Who knows. If you're going to all that trouble, might as well swap the projector anyway. I wonder if you contact Lightwerkz, they would know.
              Supposedly the Morimoto Bi-LED unit fits pretty well, but costs around $400 for the pair of projector units. Seems like the Morimoto Black 2.5" lenses should work. I was just wondering if anyone else had tried them before. An H11 HID kit plus the clear lenses shoudl be under $200.
              Full 98+ conversion

Comment

Working...
              X