Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H18/H19 : has anyone tried them?

Hi all,

as per the subject: has anyone tried them as replacement of h7 and h4?

Don't see a point. Optically built for smaller housings, not for improvements in existing housings.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
    2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

H18 is definitely worth a look if you have H7s stock. Tighter geometrical tolerances and 200 more lumens make the H18 a nice, drop in upgrade for H7. Yes, the H7 will drop right in without modification.

H19 is a nice refresh of the old H4, but not a drop in upgrade at all.

There's also H20: you get like 1200 lumens from 75 watts, as well as the H7, which is mainly intended for motorcycles.

Comment

That’s what I meant, but I could not find any test.

The Russian guy is supposed to carry out a comparison one of these days (H7 Va. H18). I still don’t know what he would put in the test (probably also some Osram premium bulbs).

The H20 apparently is made mainly for colour matching, from what I just read on CPF.

Comment

That's the test:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss7Zfn8b_OU&t=57s

Now, I don't understand a single word of Russian, but it would appear that the H18 and H7 NBL performs pretty much at the same level.

What is the real advantage (for me) is that the H18 is a long life bulb (given for ~800 hours, by memory), which is definitely an improvement compared to a high performance H7.

Here the data sheet: actually Philips rates it for 1.100 hours:

https://www.p4c.philips.com/files/1/...3llc1_pss_.pdf

Last edited by Starflex978; May 15th, 2019, 05:49 AM.

Comment

Luckily I am fluid in Russian so just reply to this thread and remind me in a couple hours to translate it.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Comment

Halo,

Reminder!

Comment

I gotchu fam.

Wider top tab, extra cutout for a notch in the side. Have to trim the top tab. 1700 lumens vs 1500 thanks to 10W extra rating. Hard to find for now.

Installed in projector because cutoff is irrelevant for this test, he wanted to only test brightness. Standard H7 (300 rubles) vs standard H18 (600 rubles) vs H7 Nightbreaker (1000 rubles).

H18 as bright as Nightbreaker but yellower, Nightbreaker is slightly whiter.

Next is reflector, to check cutoff quality. Cutoff is unchanged. H18 still brighter than H7.

65W is fine in most low beams, doubtful there will be any damage. The upgrade makes sense. Cover the glass when cutting the tab. Use a Dremel so you don't bend it (like with shears).

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Comment

So, overall the change would make sense.

Amps are quite similar to a H7 “plus”, but the coils runs cooler (hence the yellower light) and last way longer.

Comment

Pretty much, it makes sense but it's not a miracle swap like H11 to H9. But if you're getting basic bulbs, why not go H18 if you have a way to trim the tab?

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Comment

Working...
                    X