have anyone upgraded led headlight?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• have anyone upgraded led headlight?

how do you feel?what is the small box which connect the bulb?is the box necessary?

Welcome to HID Planet!

Let's just start with: The "upgrade" to LED is rarely an upgrade. For the most part, LEDs do not belong in halogen housings. The optics are all wrong. Of course, there are exceptions.

The box is necessary, it's the driver and provides proper power to the bulb.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
    2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

99% of bulbs on the market are junk, don't bother. There are specific cases where it does work (XenonDepot, Diode Dynamics SL1), and you will have to research and find out if it will work with your headlights. You'll be dropping a pretty penny for them as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Haloruler64 View Post
        Welcome to HID Planet!

Let's just start with: The "upgrade" to LED is rarely an upgrade. For the most part, LEDs do not belong in halogen housings. The optics are all wrong. Of course, there are exceptions.

The box is necessary, it's the driver and provides proper power to the bulb.
        Kindly reply.
        So,led can not replace halogen or hid? and what is the exception?

I saw many products without the box,if I buy this type,I must buy a box from others to drive it?

Comment

Originally posted by niZmO_Man View Post
          99% of bulbs on the market are junk, don't bother. There are specific cases where it does work (XenonDepot, Diode Dynamics SL1), and you will have to research and find out if it will work with your headlights. You'll be dropping a pretty penny for them as well.
          yes,I dont know whether it work,and which one I should choose.Its about 30-50 /set.

Comment

Originally posted by little words View Post

Kindly reply.
            So,led can not replace halogen or hid? and what is the exception?

I saw many products without the box,if I buy this type,I must buy a box from others to drive it?
            The exceptions are bulbs like Diode Dynamics SL1 and XenonDepot XtremeLED Pro. They're pricey but they're worth it. And again, it depends on the headlights. The XenonDepot one works amazing in my Lexus but in a Subaru Impreza Sport it glared badly.

No, they'll always come with the driver box. They're specific to the bulbs.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Comment

https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/for...t-doesn%C2%92t
              The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time

Comment

Originally posted by Haloruler64 View Post

The exceptions are bulbs like Diode Dynamics SL1 and XenonDepot XtremeLED Pro. They're pricey but they're worth it. And again, it depends on the headlights. The XenonDepot one works amazing in my Lexus but in a Subaru Impreza Sport it glared badly.

No, they'll always come with the driver box. They're specific to the bulbs.
                ok ,i see. how about the led for fog light?

Comment

What bulb size are your fog lights?

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Comment

Working...
                  X