Well more expansive coated bulbs.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well more expansive coated bulbs.

Here are the Sylvania ZXE Gold halogen bulbs. These do have clear glass by the filament so not sure what the output is like. They kinda look like the night breaker laser. Could these be the us version of those bulbs? My guess is they are more junk. $80.00 for 2 bulbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The only thing that's rocket science is rocket science

They're different from the Lasers, and definitely more expensive.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
    2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Do they get larger once they're powered, I'm very curious about these "expAnsive" bulbs
      Originally posted by HK45
      I don't even look to see what Eddie writes anymore. I'm too busy staring at his avatar.

Comment

They're probably similar to the Lasers, given that Osram owns Sylvania.

Comment

There's a site called Bulb Facts that has tested many halogen, HID, and LED bulbs and given scores to all of them based on their overall performance compared to a standard OEM halogen bulb. They use 4 housings for testing: An H7 low beam projector from a 2009 E-class, an H7 high beam projector from a 2017 Kia Sorento, and the reflector low and high beam housings from a 2009 Jetta.

http://bulbfacts.com/halogen-bulbs/chart/

According to their testing, these ZXE Gold bulbs actually perform worse than the cheaper SilverStar Ultras in all 4 housings. They have a higher color temperature (3850K vs 3675K) than the Ultras, but that's it. They seem like a total waste of money when you can get a set of Philips XtremeVision 100% bulbs that performed better in all 4 housings at less than half the cost. The Philips bulbs at 3500K aren't as "white" as the ZXE Golds, but that's to be expected since they don't have any kind of blue tint on the capsules (likely the main reason they perform better, too). The two bulbs are closer in performance when installed in the reflector housings, but in the projectors, the XtremeVision 100% blew the ZXE Gold out of the water in terms of brightness.

It's interesting how different bulbs perform better in different housing types. That's something that you expect when dealing with plug and play HID or LED kits, but not halogen bulbs. The best halogen bulbs in the reflector housings weren't necessarily the best when installed in the projectors, and vice versa. Even the projector low and high beam housings showed large variances with the same bulb. The SilverStar Ultra, for example, was 7% dimmer than the standard Osram H7 halogen bulb (used as the control/baseline) in an H7 Mercedes E class projector, but were 42% brighter than standard when installed in a Kia Sorento H7 high beam projector. Because of this, it's almost impossible to tell which bulb will perform the best in your car's particular housing without doing the testing yourself. So while I find Bulb Facts' data intriguing, in the end it doesn't help me at all because none of the housings they use for testing are the same as my car's.

Comment

Look at those gold TIPS

Comment

holy smokes , $80????? wow, that's crazy in 2018 lol

Comment

XENON CHARGED WITH MORE ATTITUDE! Perfect GOLD bulbs for gold94corolla

Comment

Originally posted by THEONE45 View Post
                  XENON CHARGED WITH MORE ATTITUDE! Perfect GOLD bulbs for gold94corolla
                  LOL yeah maybe like 10-15 years ago, but even then, there's no way I would have paid $80 for anything like this, even before HIDs were popular

Comment

Pure marketing junk

Comment

Working...
                    X