Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

High beam and low beam, lit together in H4 bulb. It's possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xnfot View Post
    In that case, it seems that half of my work is done with this. The other half must be done by putting a diode because the way i'ts like this, and by adding the new H1 bulb aftermarket headlights, everytime I will make a light call/flash-to-pass, both my low beams and high beams will turn on simultaneously, and the latter is something I want to avoid by putting the diode
    That sounds feasible. Although you want to make sure the diode is on the signal side, and not on the power side. What I mean is that you'd want to avoid putting it where the direct power from the battery to the ballast flows.
    Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Originally posted by xnfot View Post
      In that case, it seems that half of my work is done with this. The other half must be done by putting a diode because the way it's like this, and by adding the new H1 bulb aftermarket headlights, everytime I will make a light call/flash-to-pass, both my low beams and high beams will turn on simultaneously, and the latter is something I want to avoid by putting the diode
      Putting a diode won’t fix that.
      Unfortunately there is no easy way to do this.
      Read here:
      https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/for...ered-headlight

Comment

Originally posted by carlthetruckguy View Post
        Putting a diode won’t fix that.
        Unfortunately there is no easy way to do this.
        Read here:
        https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/for...ered-headlight
        I see... Is putting an H1 harness instead of a H4 harness a better idea? I just thought about it now. Or will it have the same result as with the H4 one would have? I mean, my low beams (for the new aftermarket headlights) will be Xenon anyway
        Last edited by xnfot; June 3rd, 2020, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Since the aftermarket headlights take H1 bulbs, is it a good idea to add an H1 harness for the Xenon lights for my low beam? I mean, by that, when using the stalk to flash to pass, would the low beam turn on as well (as it does when using the H4 harness)?

Also, with the H1 harness and H1 Xenon kit installed, would the low beam again shut off when I turn on the high beam (as it would do with stock halogen bulbs on these headlights) when cruising?

I ask this because the H1 Xenon kit will be drawing power from the battery instead of the car's central wiring/cable braid...

Comment

Working...
          X