Enlight?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enlight?

Anyone heard of Enlight? They have XB bulbs advertised as an option in their HID kits.
    enlightauto.com

Thanks....

"Massive Photon Generation HID Headlight System?" More like "Massive Glare." Looks like your typical Chinese junk reseller. Sell cheap stuff, add buzzwords like "Luxury," "Quality," "Premium," etc., and watch the sheep throw their money at you. If you want real quality, go with OEM components and perform a retrofit. HID kits are poop, no matter what the label on the packaging says.
    [ 1999 Honda Prelude SH ] [ Hybrid TL projectors with OEM ZKW lenses] [ Adjustable OEM Ballasts ] [ Bi-halogen projectors with HIR bulbs]

Comment

Thanks Wicked SC.....just got this car a week ago, my last ride was a 2011 Mazda 3S with Honda 2000 low beam projectors....i'm with you on a full retrofit and will be doing one as soon as I'm satisfied that I'll keep this car...

Comment

I had to LOL at their "TetraFux Ultra Bright" led headlight bulbs. Worse light pattern ever!

Comment

Look like DLT Fastbright ballasts. Likely a bulk buyer/retailer setup.
          2000 Celica GTS 'slowest gts evar'
          1998 Mazda 626 FS-DE/CD4E 'mom-mobile'

Comment

Originally posted by david330 View Post
            Thanks Wicked SC.....just got this car a week ago, my last ride was a 2011 Mazda 3S with Honda 2000 low beam projectors....i'm with you on a full retrofit and will be doing one as soon as I'm satisfied that I'll keep this car...
            Sweet. Props for doing it the right way. Coming from S2000s, though, everything else will seem a bit dimmer.
            [ 1999 Honda Prelude SH ] [ Hybrid TL projectors with OEM ZKW lenses] [ Adjustable OEM Ballasts ] [ Bi-halogen projectors with HIR bulbs]

Comment

Originally posted by Bitter View Post
              Look like DLT Fastbright ballasts. Likely a bulk buyer/retailer setup.
              They do look similar, but FastBrights have parallel long way groves on the face instead of those short ribbed grooves
              *CLICK BELOW ON WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE*

2014 Nissan Sentra Quads w/ XB Fogs

DSC_9349 by Sam Colt, on Flickr

Comment

Possibly old hyluxtek ballasts? The 9 bars on the ones at enlight emulate the design of those. Or possibly a knockoff of the hylux.

Comment

Wew, rough bunch of comments here.

Just to clear things up, Enlight was started to provide lighting systems that DON'T suck. I used to sell aftermarket HID kits locally when I used to work at a shop, I HATED how much garbage was on the market. The shop used to get kits from DDM tuning, and tried all kinds of other suppliers. There were so many problems. After the shop closed down I saw potential in the aftermarket lighting market and spent a lot of time and money getting things right. Our kits are a combination of custom parts and parts from different suppliers.

The ballasts are the latest generation produced by Hylux. They are made in the same factory which produces ballasts for Philips. These have been by far the most reliable and best performing ballasts at this price point. They are up there with the Morimoto XB Ballasts for sure in terms of quality and performance. I carry both and have tested both, not being biased. Hylux doesn't make a 50W ballasts that I like so that is why we carry the XB55 as well as 35W Hylux ballasts. We do have both Fast start and normal start ballasts. Not all vehicles are a good fit for the fast start ballasts.

As for the bulbs, we actually do not use the Morimoto bulbs. I cannot get their XB Series bulbs at a price that makes sense from a business standpoint. TRS is the exclusive distributor for Morimotio in the US and a little company like Enlight can't make a dent in that supply chain. The bulbs we carry are the latest generation bulbs from CNLight. I have done optical testing which shows they are at least as bright as the XB series bulbs (within measurement tolerance) and they startup faster with our ballasts. I'm not saying our bulbs are better than the XB bulbs, only that performance is on par.

I will never tell anybody our stuff is as good as OEM or a retrofit. If you have the the resources and the money, go with an OEM retrofit. There is no better way to do it. Fact is, there are far fewer people out there willing to do a full retrofit. For those who don't want to do that. Thats where Enlight comes in.

Also, for certain vehicles, a proper aftermarket HID conversion can get you very close to an OEM or retrofit setup in terms of beam pattern, light output, and reliability. But if you have reflector style headlights, then dont' bother, most reflector housings cannot handle any aftermarket HID properly.

Its not my intention to argue or cause controversy, only to inform!

Comment

Originally posted by autobot View Post
                    I had to LOL at their "TetraFux Ultra Bright" led headlight bulbs. Worse light pattern ever!
                    The TetraFlux led bulbs are for fog lights or DRL only. We do not sell LED headlights (yet). For DRL applications which use a 9005 DRL/High beam, we explicitly state that high beam performance suffers.

I am well aware of how bad all of the aftermarket LED "headlights" are on the market. Which is why I have been working on real LED headlight solution for over 3 years. The design is almost finalized and prototypes are being built. I am selling my own car and taking a huge financial risk to buy the machining equipment necessary to produce the components in-house.
                    Last edited by Enlight; August 16th, 2015, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Enlight View Post

The ballasts are the latest generation produced by Hylux. They are made in the same factory which produces ballasts for Philips.

Its not my intention to argue or cause controversy, only to inform!
                      Sorry but Philips does not produce ballasts in china currently, they tried that about 7 years ago, it was a total failure. It is possible that Philips of China or Hong Kong buys ballasts for the Asian market, from your supplier. But they are not marketed by Philips internationally, not at all. Its only possible a local Philips group does it, for local consumption. This does not have the "blessings" of the Philips main corporate decision makers, in Europe.
                      D1S is where its at, Radically better EMI and RFI performance. Only the new Japanese cars still use D2 bulbs, the others have all changed to D1S.

Comment

You could be correct. Companies like Philips can have manufacturing plants all over the world and often will put in or have shares in plants that focus on a specific region. I was not referring to Philips OEM products, but Philips aftermarket products. Also, Philips no longer sells aftermarket conversion kits in the US the the best of my knowledge.

Factory details aside, based on my experience, the kits I have are indeed some of the best available at this price point (that I am aware of). But, nothing I say really matters. Its up to the individual to draw their own conclusion.

Comment

***MH1 Retro***
                          "America has three cities, New York, San Francisco and New Orleans. Everywhere else is Cleveland."
                          - Tennessee Williams

Comment

Here's what I know about Enlight Automotive - IT IS A SCAM OUTFIT. Read on -
                            I ordered a conversion kit from Enlight. $185.55. Got a reply stating "PAID - UNFULFILLED" That is the ONLY thing I heard from Enlight. They can not be contacted. They have no phone number. They do not show their location (possibly in Minnesota). I contested the charge to VISA and got my money back from them. VISA is trying to get their money from Enlight.
                            You are warned.

Comment

Working...
                            X