H7R HID Kit or 65W Osram Rally H7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H7R HID Kit or 65W Osram Rally H7

I know there is probably plenty of threads on this topic but myself and a friend have been having a debate for a while now and I want to put it to bed.

He claims that a H7R HID kit in a reflector housing will give off more and better light than a 65W Osram H7 Rally bulb, but I disagree.

Although to look head on at the car the HID kit will appear brighter (because of more glare) but I believe that in a reflector housing the 65W H7 would work better as it is the proper size and focal point for the headlamp thus giving better light distribution and beam pattern.

Am i right in what I am thinking?

Yes, you're right. An HID bulb can never properly work in a light source that was designed for halogen.

Originally posted by cthunder
    The more you mod your car the moodier it gets.
    Avalon Dual Lens | Rogue LED | Mori 3800K | Mori 3Five | H11 PnP LED

Comment

Though the H7R's have a shield under them, their focal point is still way off from the H7 spec. They may have a more perceived output due to their higher color temp and outright brightness, but the beam pattern and cut-off will still be wrong. The Rallye's are great for brightness but Night Breakers or Extreme Visions will have a better/more controlled beam pattern.

Comment

Knew I was right ha

I've had H7R bulbs in reflector housings years ago in previous cars and yeah they're bright but the beam pattern was all over the place, hot spots in random areas and all that, impossible to focus sure.

Some of those good halogen bulbs give off plenty of light though, with the road illuminated in the areas it should be.

I think most people who put HIDs in reflector housing are only doing it for the look, because they clearly don't put the light into the places in needs to be

Comment

There are many reasons why people use the HID kits. None are true, besides increased lumen output and (maybe) lamp life.
          Most of the false beliefs come from the bogus claims made up by the sellers.
          I agree that many do it for the "bling" factor as well as thinking the kit gives them the same benefits as a true HID headlamp.
          I often hear "They're so bright, people flash me because they think I have my brights on!" or "They're so bright, I don't have to use my brights!"
          Makes me think, "why not just use your halogen high beams more often and dim them when you are suppose to?"
          There's this misconception that kits are not offensive to oncoming traffic and being flashed means a thumbs up to their shoddy setup.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthEastGuy View Post
            There are many reasons why people use the HID kits. None are true, besides increased lumen output and (maybe) lamp life.
            Most of the false beliefs come from the bogus claims made up by the sellers.
            I agree that many do it for the "bling" factor as well as thinking the kit gives them the same benefits as a true HID headlamp.
            I often hear "They're so bright, people flash me because they think I have my brights on!" or "They're so bright, I don't have to use my brights!"
            Makes me think, "why not just use your halogen high beams more often and dim them when you are suppose to?"
            There's this misconception that kits are not offensive to oncoming traffic and being flashed means a thumbs up to their shoddy setup.
            But people are so unused to use their logic , they just don't want to rethink about the choices they made , if you tell them they are blinding everybody they'll just call you a hater : see no need to ask themselves if its worth it , na its just EVERYBODY is jealous .

Oh and your friend H7R are probably the same chineses scrap that DEautokey keep trying to sell with his false claims on vxvortex :/

Comment

Working...
            X