Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is 2.8 inch projectors, any feedback

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How is 2.8 inch projectors, any feedback

    I am seriously considering these
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/321277943182...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    after buying mini H1 for my 14 passat, they fit nicely and hole was so big and mini d2s can fit in with little trouble.
    But I realized TRS's mini H1's and D2s's are not so much different then their ebay rivals.

    If not please convince me not to buy ebay ones for 1/3 of the price even 1/4th.

  • #2
    Those are junk. Go with the new D2S 3.0 if you want a drop in type option.
    Check out our current promotions to save up to 15% on your next parts order with us

    Need help? Contact us - Email: info@lightwerkz.net

    HID Retrofits l Halos l Lens Restorations l Repairs l Installations



    Follow us on Facebook & Instagram ! Subscribe to our YouTube channel for pro tips and behind the scenes videos!

    Comment


    • #3
      i know this place is owned by TRS. I want a regular joe to answer me lol, not biased people. Any pictures, I am looking at my mini H1 and saw d2s when friend was doing his car. And honestly I can say very cheap quality. I am not biased anyway but I just dont want to pay alot for name. i searched TRS throughly and yes they use internet/social media very very effectively to advertised their name and made a brand for them. I have ballasts and bulbs as well and they are good so far. Please dont be biased if you can

      Comment


      • #4
        Well I don't like aftermarket projectors. But I have a pair of Mini H1 5.0's, I wouldn't use them to retrofit. & if I remember the 1st gen Mini D2S were horrible.

        everyone's been saying that the D2S 3.0 are a large improvement. I guess you can look for those but non TRS version? Lol
        Originally posted by gold94corolla
        it gets you all the b*tches

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by catal View Post
          i know this place is owned by TRS. I want a regular joe to answer me lol, not biased people. Any pictures, I am looking at my mini H1 and saw d2s when friend was doing his car. And honestly I can say very cheap quality. I am not biased anyway but I just dont want to pay alot for name. i searched TRS throughly and yes they use internet/social media very very effectively to advertised their name and made a brand for them. I have ballasts and bulbs as well and they are good so far. Please dont be biased if you can
          Do you think my reply is biased?

          Just because we resell TRS components Im not going to BS you and tell you everything with the Morimoto label is 1st rate.

          However I can assure you, the Morimoto brand does give you better versions of those generic H1 and D2S projectors.

          Now this doesnt mean you can't get lucky and score a set of Grade A versions, but chances are slimmer.

          The D2S 2.0 is and always was junk in terms of output, consistency and overall function. Thats my opinion, others may differ.

          The new 3.0 version (comes in non Morimoto brand as well) is a game changer. Its consistent (quality from unit to unit), offers excellent performance, and has a bixenon function that is actually reliable enough to be considered OEM grade.
          Check out our current promotions to save up to 15% on your next parts order with us

          Need help? Contact us - Email: info@lightwerkz.net

          HID Retrofits l Halos l Lens Restorations l Repairs l Installations



          Follow us on Facebook & Instagram ! Subscribe to our YouTube channel for pro tips and behind the scenes videos!

          Comment


          • #6
            Even when trs sold these they weren't that great at all (2.5 version). If you want to buy the mini d2s 3.0 version for less...than search aliexpress for the q5 projector.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by LightWerkz View Post
              Do you think my reply is biased?

              Just because we resell TRS components Im not going to BS you and tell you everything with the Morimoto label is 1st rate.

              However I can assure you, the Morimoto brand does give you better versions of those generic H1 and D2S projectors.

              Now this doesnt mean you can't get lucky and score a set of Grade A versions, but chances are slimmer.

              The D2S 2.0 is and always was junk in terms of output, consistency and overall function. Thats my opinion, others may differ.

              The new 3.0 version (comes in non Morimoto brand as well) is a game changer. Its consistent (quality from unit to unit), offers excellent performance, and has a bixenon function that is actually reliable enough to be considered OEM grade.
              Couldnt have said it better myself.
              Custom shield service not available at this time.

              PM is not a great way to reach me. Email me at imagioX1@outlook.com

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by catal View Post
                .......
                if you want some PICs

                Then ...... here some of them about the previous generation

                http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-me...mg_see_all_txt

                Comment


                • #9
                  Well I bought a pair of H1s off of ebay and they are ok - not great, just ok (better than halogens) (issues so far bowing, foreground, and solenoid sticking issue) I'm currently looking to upgrade to something better.
                  I haven't had any experience with TRS projectors but from the output shots they definitely look good.

                  and about those ebay 2.8" projectors (not sure how a 2.5" or 3" shroud would work) - unless you are good with the shrouds provided in the auction.

                  One last thing. Check out the TRS closeout section ( one of my bookmarks) they have a MH1 6.0 B-stock for $50 right now. Pretty much the same price range as the ebay ones and with some XB35 H1 bulbs you should have something a lot closer to OEM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Why don't you use a real OEM projector if you want great output
                    AAAAAAAAAAA

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      You know how the saying goes, you get what you pay for. I would rather spend a little more and get peace of mind, as well as warranty support after the sale.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Even I wouldnt spend 55 bucks on a set of projectors that are basically ebay branded. Do the morimoto d2s 3.0's they are super nice.
                        2001 Oldsmobile Alero
                        3400 SFI V6
                        F40 6 Speed Manual Swap
                        (#2 of 3 in the world)
                        Morimoto D2S 3.0 "O"
                        Osram CBI Bulbs
                        E46 Shrouds
                        Morimoto D2S LC Ballasts
                        Cred: HID ILLUSIONZ

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by LightWerkz View Post
                          Do you think my reply is biased?

                          Just because we resell TRS components Im not going to BS you and tell you everything with the Morimoto label is 1st rate.

                          However I can assure you, the Morimoto brand does give you better versions of those generic H1 and D2S projectors.

                          Now this doesnt mean you can't get lucky and score a set of Grade A versions, but chances are slimmer.

                          The D2S 2.0 is and always was junk in terms of output, consistency and overall function. Thats my opinion, others may differ.

                          The new 3.0 version (comes in non Morimoto brand as well) is a game changer. Its consistent (quality from unit to unit), offers excellent performance, and has a bixenon function that is actually reliable enough to be considered OEM grade.
                          Well said and all very true.

                          Originally posted by brownmutthid View Post
                          Even when trs sold these they weren't that great at all (2.5 version). If you want to buy the mini d2s 3.0 version for less...than search aliexpress for the q5 projector.
                          The Q5 isn't the quality of the Mini 3.0 and in most cases total rubbish if you don't know who your buying from. They can be bought cheap and tweaked to give the same output as the mini 3.0 with a bit of work though if you know where to get them.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            So where should you get them mick? Supplier A or X?
                            2014 Corolla - OEM LED Low / HIR1 High / X5 LED Fogs


                            2000 Corolla - RX350 EU (STi-R)/Mitsubishi Gen 2/NHK 5500K or Osram 66040

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Nevermind
                              2001 Oldsmobile Alero
                              3400 SFI V6
                              F40 6 Speed Manual Swap
                              (#2 of 3 in the world)
                              Morimoto D2S 3.0 "O"
                              Osram CBI Bulbs
                              E46 Shrouds
                              Morimoto D2S LC Ballasts
                              Cred: HID ILLUSIONZ

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X