Mini H1 6.0 shield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini H1 6.0 shield

At the top of the shield there is a narrow slit which allows the light to shine down on the road. It's not much light but enough to be annoying in some situations. It can be easily fixed by aluminum tape. But why would TRS not redesign the shield with the bowl?

Slit at top

Didn't show up too well, but i think it is visible.

Heat can escape.
    I believe the assumption is that the headlight housing + shroud combination would prevent light from there to ever light up areas that shouldn't be lit down the road. The angle looks high enough that on an oem reflector housing, it will just light the oem reflector a bit; similar to 5W bulbs placed on the edge of a low or high beam reflector as parking lights.
    Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Though thats not really the reason, what Satrya said is true - it doesn't hurt - and 99% of the time, that little blob of light will be so close to the front of the car on the ground that you wouldn't see it from inside the cabin anyways

there are a lot of OEM projectors with similiar attritubes too, many E55's that I can think of, and even the S2000's do that

Lexus GS350 F Sport : Skipper Designs Front Lip : Rotiform BLQ Concave : Michelin PSS : Brembo GT 380mm : RSR Suspension : GS350/STi-R Bi-xenon
      * For any inquiries please e-mail TRSMatt@TheRetrofitSource.com, PM's = not a good way to reach me*

Comment

Originally posted by TRSMatt View Post
        Though thats not really the reason, ...
        Or, it could be a marketing claim...
        "The projectors are designed to prevent heat buildup by a novel motoVent system."
        Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Working...
        X