Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to buy fast bright ballasts online?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They're Hylux, which is good. They have the funky detachable igniters, which is bad. Honestly I'd just run a legit set of Hylux ballasts and call it a day. Of course, if OEM isn't an option. With how many FastBrights are on the market, with changes and knockoffs and all that, I personally would not take the risk. Pick up a set of Hylux from Lightwerkz with the current sale, or a set of XenonDepot ballasts which are modified Hylux and also fantastic. XenonDepot is having 25% off sale.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
    2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

• Are those a good choice (also reliability wise)? (NO FAST BRIGHT): https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2014...a-ec2c995954aa
      Last edited by HIDvsLED; January 9th, 2019, 06:56 AM.

Comment

• Those aren't DLT Fast bright...

Comment

• Originally posted by niZmO_Man View Post
          Those aren't DLT Fast bright...
          True yea, but was wondering.

As for F3 Fast Brights was wondering about those: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-...AbTest=ae803_4

Also, I found those Hylux https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2PCS...AbTest=ae803_4

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex_TRD View Post
            2PCS Hylux Hyluxtek 9V to 32V 35W Fast Start/Fast Bright HID Ballast A2088 For 12V 24V Vehicles(Car and Truck)
            http://s.aliexpress.com/QZbi2eye
            (from AliExpress Android)

Are Hylux any better than Fast Bright DLT??
            They cost like 52 for only two 35W ballasts without bulbs while a FB35W DLT Kit with CNlight normal bulbs costs 48...

The one thing it got my attention is the 38months warranty that they give for Hylux..against the 18months of Fast Bright...

They must feel very confident about their reliability...huh?

Which one is better performance...anyone having problems with FB?
            Best question that nobody answered. I'm exactly on the same boat mate.

Comment

• Has anybody bought some legit and reliable F3 Fastbrights from Sinolyn? I read that seller's name here a few times and now I would like to share my experience with their ballasts as I'm getting into retrofitting again.

In Dec 2016 I bought a set of 2x F3 Fasbrights and 2x CNlight bulbs from Sinolyn on Aliexpress. I was very pleased with their communication and everything went right so in Feb 17 I bought a pair of projectors and a second set of bulbs from them and in March 17 amongst other things a third ballast as I thought it would be a good idea to have a replacement ready even though I was convinced I bought some reliable F3 Fastbrights. Mid March 17 was also the time when I finished my retrofit and installed everything in the car.

One of the ballasts only worked for very few weeks (maybe 40 ignitions). I thought, okay, sometimes this can happen, and I installed the third ballast I bought as replacement. Everything worked well again so I did not bother submitting a complaint at first. In June 17 I wrote them a message about the problem and they replied very quickly asking for a video showing the problem. That took me a while as I had exams. In the meantime the second ballast of the first set gave up. I had to replace the headlights with my original ones because I did not have another replacement ballast at hand and did not feel like doing anything with the retrofit. In Oct 17 I made a video showing the problem of the ballasts and the bulb igniting with the third still working ballast and sent that to Sinolyn refering to my previous messages about the defect. Their answer was I should sent the defective units to them so they could repair them.

What's a warranty worth if the cost of return is more worth than a new item? I don't think these ballasts would ever get repaired, I think they just want to avoid to replace the broken units because most customers wouldn't mind returning anything to China. I won't buy again from them. What do you think?

Comment

• Originally posted by miki4 View Post
                Has anybody bought some legit and reliable F3 Fastbrights from Sinolyn? I read that seller's name here a few times and now I would like to share my experience with their ballasts as I'm getting into retrofitting again.

In Dec 2016 I bought a set of 2x F3 Fasbrights and 2x CNlight bulbs from Sinolyn on Aliexpress. I was very pleased with their communication and everything went right so in Feb 17 I bought a pair of projectors and a second set of bulbs from them and in March 17 amongst other things a third ballast as I thought it would be a good idea to have a replacement ready even though I was convinced I bought some reliable F3 Fastbrights. Mid March 17 was also the time when I finished my retrofit and installed everything in the car.

One of the ballasts only worked for very few weeks (maybe 40 ignitions). I thought, okay, sometimes this can happen, and I installed the third ballast I bought as replacement. Everything worked well again so I did not bother submitting a complaint at first. In June 17 I wrote them a message about the problem and they replied very quickly asking for a video showing the problem. That took me a while as I had exams. In the meantime the second ballast of the first set gave up. I had to replace the headlights with my original ones because I did not have another replacement ballast at hand and did not feel like doing anything with the retrofit. In Oct 17 I made a video showing the problem of the ballasts and the bulb igniting with the third still working ballast and sent that to Sinolyn refering to my previous messages about the defect. Their answer was I should sent the defective units to them so they could repair them.

What's a warranty worth if the cost of return is more worth than a new item? I don't think these ballasts would ever get repaired, I think they just want to avoid to replace the broken units because most customers wouldn't mind returning anything to China. I won't buy again from them. What do you think?
                I ended up ordering Hylux ones just because of some reliability concerns of Fast Bright ones. As for Sinolyn, I was interested to know about this seller as well. I've ordered a standard kit from him (ac, no fast bright) that will go into the fog lights so we'll see.

Comment

Working...
                X