X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packaging of philips 85122 bulb

Hi,

I have bought some Hella Evo projectors that i will mount on my Bmw E39 FL

As i have been using cheap crappy xenon bulbs before, i now want some real OEM bulbs.
    After reading alot of good info on this forum, i now know how to spot fake bulbs.

There is a local guy here where i live that sells xenon bulbs and other things, he sells the standard philips 85122 bulb.
    On the pics of his website, they look real. But i was wondering how the package is supposed to be?

Should it be like this?:
    http://media.photobucket.com/image/r...122philips.jpg

He lives close, so when he get them in stock i will visit him and have a look at the bulbs myself
    They cost ca. $227 for one pair.

Does the box and price sound legit to you?

Regards
    Fredrik
    Norway

You can get the philips 85122+ for $95 for the pair from TRS. Not sure how much shipping would be but I am sure its a cheaper total than $227 lol

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...roducts_id=148

!​needs a retro!

Comment

If that price is in your currency (Krone) that equals about $40usd.... Which is a good price

Comment

Thanks for your answers
        The shipping at TRS to Norway is $48, and + the tax, it comes out maybe $17 cheaper with TRS then Norway
        And here i can get in the car and go pick them up, instead of waiting for it to arrive

Glad to hear it sounds legit, looking forward to new OEM bulbs, never tried that before

Comment

Buy from TRS, no need to worry if they are fakes.

Comment

with that price why not go to pepboys and pick up a pair of Osram CBI instead?

08 Honda Pilot | RX330-AFS + TSX-R, Curve Shield | Osram CBI | Hella Gen 3 | DIY Bosch Relay Harness | X5 LED Fog | SuperFlux DRL

** Please use the reputation system by clicking the on a helpful post

Comment

I dont know where pepboys are, probably not in Norway
              Do they have an internet site?

And it probably will get alot more expensive as i have to pay tax for the price and the shipping to get them to Norway :/

Comment

Originally posted by Alpejohn View Post
                I dont know where pepboys are, probably not in Norway
                Do they have an internet site?

And it probably will get alot more expensive as i have to pay tax for the price and the shipping to get them to Norway :/
                They don't have a Pepboys in Norway as they only operate in 35 U.S. states and Puerto Rico.
                RX350BX (EU) | STI-R | XB35 Ballasts| HD Relay | 66240 CBI | JDM AStar LED Int. | AFSpec LED Ext.

Comment

Yes thats what i thought
                  And they dont have any internet page either?

Is there anywhere else i can buy the CBI bulbs? I know i should search the forum but its to easy to ask here

Comment

Yes thats what i thought
                    And they dont have any internet page either?
                    No, They Do. Pepboys

Is there anywhere else i can buy the CBI bulbs? I know i should search the forum but its to easy to ask here
                    Other than finding them from TRS or for sale on here, I don't know.
                    RX350BX (EU) | STI-R | XB35 Ballasts| HD Relay | 66240 CBI | JDM AStar LED Int. | AFSpec LED Ext.

Comment

Okay thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X