Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

rx-350 projectors with d2s or d4s bulbs better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rx-350 projectors with d2s or d4s bulbs better?

hi guys.. i am re-doing my retro soon, i got a hold of rx350 projectors, of course stock bulbs are d4s..
    what im debating is using a d4s or d2s bulb? any comments? as i have searched and read so many infos conflicting about lumen output everywhere including hid planet.

other than d4s is mercury free and ballast is different and start-up is long; do they have significant lumen difference? philips says 3050, some european website says 5000k can reach 3300 lumens?
    seriously.. any thoughts if its worth it to have d2s cbi or using oem d4s bulbs, which a lot says its whiter..

thanks very much in advance for replies...

D2S will certainly give you the most options in terms of flexibility. You can go for the 5000K white look with Osram 66240 CBI to OEM 4300K Osram 66240 SVS to the tried-and-true Philips 85122 or the Osrams take the 66240.

RX350BX (EU) | STI-R | XB35 Ballasts| HD Relay | 66240 CBI | JDM AStar LED Int. | AFSpec LED Ext.

Comment

yes i have the cbi's just wondering if lumens wise the d4s are actually brighter or less.. i can get 2 philipps d4s bulbs from japan, either 4300k 5000k or 6000k 120$ shipped.. and denso d4s ballasts for 70$ shipped.. im not sure if its worth it in replacement of the d2s cbi's
      Last edited by kobi411; November 1st, 2012, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kobi411 View Post
        yes i have the cbi's just wondering if lumens wise the d4s are actually brighter or less.. i can get 2 philipps d4s bulbs from japan, either 4300k 5000k or 6000k.. and denso d4s ballasts for 70$ shipped.. im not sure if its worth it in replacement of the d2s cbi's
        I believe D4S is slightly less bright by a couple hundred lumen or so. It may be due to the absence of the mercury.

RX350BX (EU) | STI-R | XB35 Ballasts| HD Relay | 66240 CBI | JDM AStar LED Int. | AFSpec LED Ext.

Comment

ok cool.. dremel the notch then hey?

Comment

Originally posted by kobi411 View Post
            ok cool.. dremel the notch then hey?
            Correct.

Comment

From my experience d2s is much brighter in my eyes when I tested them

Comment

thanks..

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Lezner View Post
                  I believe D4S is slightly less bright by a couple hundred lumen or so. It may be due to the absence of the mercury.

D4S Philips is 3200 lumens with + or - 450 lumens, so 2750 to 3650 lumens range from bulb to bulb.
                  D1S is where its at, Radically better EMI and RFI performance. Only the new Japanese cars still use D2 bulbs, the others have all changed to D1S.

Comment

Originally posted by D1S View Post
                    D4S Philips is 3200 lumens with + or - 450 lumens, so 2750 to 3650 lumens range from bulb to bulb.
                    Well I'm sorry if I didn't post the exact lumen variances. It's a shame they can't get those lumen counts to be consistent.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Lezner View Post
                      Well I'm sorry if I didn't post the exact lumen variances. It's a shame they can't get those lumen counts to be consistent.
                      + or - 300 on some products.
                      D1S is where its at, Radically better EMI and RFI performance. Only the new Japanese cars still use D2 bulbs, the others have all changed to D1S.

Comment

Is it fit D1S bulbs to RX350 projectors?

Comment

You can with modification but do you need to?

Comment

I just wondering if it is possible. I want to do modification of headlights with RX350, I have almost new D1S Philips Xtreme bulbs and I like to use them.

Comment

Working...
                            X