This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head Light Projector Retrofit for under $200

is it possible? im not looking for anything top of the line, just a decent setup with a nice cutoff, and dont want CCFL's because i have flip up headlights. i have housings to use already, i just need projectors, bulbs, ballasts etc.

recommendations on parts and or kits i can buy?

thanks!

Morimoto Mini H1 projectors: 120
    http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...oducts_id=3181
    Relay harness: 35
    http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...ducts_id=14032
    Butyl tape: 15
    http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...roducts_id=792
    DDM H1 HID kit: 30
    http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/Ap...Raptor-HID-Kit
    Total: 200

05 300C - 15 Taurus SHO

Comment

And if you wanted to save even more money, call or email them for the value MH1 projectors. I think they're $60.
      Climbin' in yo windows
      Snatchin' yo Koito's up

2013 Fiat 500 Sport- Bianco Perla

Comment

Yes, yes you keep an eye on him

LOL

Make sure you measure your headlights prior to buying the projectors. I learned the hard way..I thought my aftermarkets were more than large enough for the MMH1. Turns out it was about 1" too long to fit inside. But they do fit in my OEM housings.

So unless you're comfortable with cutting a hole and working with bolts and washers, measure! (The MMH1 projector is for the most part, plug and play. Very easy to install if you have enough room)

Comment

Originally posted by kobalt View Post
          is it possible? im not looking for anything top of the line, just a decent setup with a nice cutoff, and dont want CCFL's because i have flip up headlights. i have housings to use already, i just need projectors, bulbs, ballasts etc.

recommendations on parts and or kits i can buy?

thanks!
          Very possible.

OEM E46 bi-X off ebay: $50
          ZKW-R value from TRS: $20
          OEM Koito bulbs of Ebay: $40
          Ebay ballasts + D2S-AMP: $50
          Appolo Shroud value from TRS: $10
          Ebay relay harness: $20.
          Rubber back cap from TRS: $10

$200 and you get yourseld a very nice retrofit.
          FEEDBACK THREAD
          00-03 Nissan Maxima HID Retrofit
          6th gen AV6 FX35 Retrofit
          Chassis and Suspension
          2000 Sunlit Sand Maxima SE 5Spd.

Comment

Originally posted by MSU2000 View Post
            Very possible.

OEM E46 bi-X off ebay: $50
            ZKW-R value from TRS: $20
            OEM Koito bulbs of Ebay: $40
            Ebay ballasts + D2S-AMP: $50
            Appolo Shroud value from TRS: $10
            Ebay relay harness: $20.
            Rubber back cap from TRS: $10

$200 and you get yourseld a very nice retrofit.
            You didn't factor in multiple shipping costs to ship each item individually from ebay and TRS. Also all the screws nuts bolts or glue or tape or whatever you use to somehow mount the projectors inside the headlights.

Sometimes it's just better to buy everything at TRS for the simplicity. You might end up saving money overall.

Comment

What year, make & model is this for? I remember reading a thread where the OP is retrofitting quad biXenon on a Pontiac Fiero. Seem quite a challenge if you don't measure the right dimensions ahead of time.
              Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Originally posted by akakak4747 View Post
                You didn't factor in multiple shipping costs to ship each item individually from ebay and TRS. Also all the screws nuts bolts or glue or tape or whatever you use to somehow mount the projectors inside the headlights.

Sometimes it's just better to buy everything at TRS for the simplicity. You might end up saving money overall.

What shipping cost? you get free shipping from TRS for your order most of the time. Those ebay items are including shipping also. May not happen all the time but once in awhile you get a good deal. I bought my E46 Bi-X from Ebay for $49 shipped

The hardwares and glue may cost you another $15 or so, but I'm just showing the OP that it is very possible to have retrofit for under $200 if you look for a good use components, discounts, or group buy. One time I had an accord retrofit for under $200 already including a pair of used OEM headlights I bought for $10 and Valeo projectors for $30 a pair. Had to spent a lot of time restoring the headlights but it was all worth it and still much better than the stock halogen.
                FEEDBACK THREAD
                00-03 Nissan Maxima HID Retrofit
                6th gen AV6 FX35 Retrofit
                Chassis and Suspension
                2000 Sunlit Sand Maxima SE 5Spd.

Comment

I ordered from TRS a handfull of times (4 or 5 times) and never got free shipping. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenVisaCard View Post
                    I ordered from TRS a handfull of times (4 or 5 times) and never got free shipping. LOL
                    Did you order online or over the phone? There's a coupon code for free shipping if you order online and I believe if you're a repeat customer and you're ordering over the phone you get free shipping as well.

Originally posted by cthunder
                    The more you mod your car the moodier it gets.
                    Avalon Dual Lens | Rogue LED | Mori 3800K | Mori 3Five | H11 PnP LED

Comment

always just done it online.

Then again I always get the information I need from this site so I don't want to be another call to take them away from hanging out with hot chicks and making it rain in their office

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenVisaCard View Post
                        Well, unless your order is less than $30.......

HIDPlanet Promo: Free Shipping from The Retrofit Srouce!
                        Look at my HID / Lighting works at Stupidpig HID | Facebook

Comment

Well shat! I guess I better pay attention next time. All my orders were $40+

Comment

yeah we can definitely put together a really nice retrofit package for you for $200 or less. For example,

OEM Hella E55 bi-xenon projectors in good shape: $50
                            Value ZKW-R lenses: $10
                            Returned/open box ballasts: $50
                            Generic Bixenon harness: $10
                            Value shrouds in a variety of styles: $0-$10
                            Open box D2S bulbs: $25
                            = $155 SHIPPED

whoaaaa, that's lower than I even thought. So I guess that means there is room to upgrade

Lexus GS350 F Sport : Skipper Designs Front Lip : Rotiform BLQ Concave : Michelin PSS : Brembo GT 380mm : RSR Suspension : GS350/STi-R Bi-xenon
                            * For any inquiries please e-mail TRSMatt@TheRetrofitSource.com, PM's = not a good way to reach me*

Comment

^^^ thread officially stickied now!

Comment

Working...
                              X