**CONFIRMED** 2013 Ford F-150 to utilize OEM HIDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **CONFIRMED** 2013 Ford F-150 to utilize OEM HIDs

Sup guys.. Ford has just revealed the new 2013 F-150 and depending on the model, will have optional projector HID headlights a segment first...

I wonder what brand projectors are going to be used... photo and video link below...

Video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=A-49ZHHGvx4

I'm liking that grill! Much better than flat chrome.

Comment

That's rare. BVC liking an F-150?
      2014 RAM 1500 Express RCSB 2WD- FX-R/CBI's/50W MORIMOTO
      1989 Chevy S-10 5 speed

Comment

How is it rare? I like them. Look great and drive nice. Never said otherwise...

Comment

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...F150-Spy-Shots
          Last edited by TRSAndrew; June 6th, 2012, 05:24 PM.

Comment

I wonder why dodge stuck halogen instead of HID... Im sure HID's dont cost as much as they used to..

Comment

Originally posted by 88kmcneal View Post
              I wonder why dodge stuck halogen instead of HID... Im sure HID's dont cost as much as they used to..
              The cost of projectors and redesigning the housings to fit the projector itself would raise the cost. Specially when its something that is mass produced. Also who knows if it has to pass a DOT regulation test or something.

Also never understood why they put all the zebra camo tape over pre-production models. Just makes them more noticeable IMO.

|
              1998 Honda Civic EX - Semi Built LS-VTEC - E55 Bi-Xenon Projectors - Phillips 85122+ - Ebay Ballast |
              | 2004 Mazda 6 s - Mini H1 5.0 - 3Five 4300k - 3Five SS |

Comment

Originally posted by S203 View Post
                The cost of projectors and redesigning the housings to fit the projector itself would raise the cost. Specially when its something that is mass produced. Also who knows if it has to pass a DOT regulation test or something.

Also never understood why they put all the zebra camo tape over pre-production models. Just makes them more noticeable IMO.
                zebra print is to hide the body lines.

My brothers friend got to drive all the concept/pre-production vehicles for ford in CO for years. There is a lot of tricks. But yeah, zebra is to hide the vehicle lines.

Comment

I always wondered wen a HID's would come to full sized pick-ups since they're quickly becoming available on cheaper no luxury cars like the mitsubishi lancer...

Comment

Waylon noooo! How will we ever know its you posting now?!

Comment

The F-150 will recieve HID Lights only on the Top Models. The Lesser "base" trucks will still have Halogen
                      2003 Bonneville SSEi FX-R 3.0, FX-R 1.0, 3Five Ballasts, XBA Leds, Micro H1, 3Five Ballasts XBA Leds

Comment

the ones on these will most likely be the AL units thats used in the explorer and the torus ide say the F150 is going to have halogen projectors for other modols and thats another AL sorced unit
                        my vehicles

2013 subaru impreza WRX STi new body style (some mods)
                        04 subaru impreza WRX STi (project car)
                        2013 ford F550 platnum dually (extreem mods CAT engine swap)

my wifes car

2012 subaru impreza limited sport (some mods)
                        07 hyundai accent GLS (extreem mods)

Comment

I would say the same thing, same projectors as the other Fords.

Comment

**CONFIRMED** 2013 Ford F-150 to utilize OEM HIDs

Hey Dodge,

Checkmate.

Thoughts on the projectors? I've got a quarter saying its a 35W Philips 85122+ behind an E55-series projector.

http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2012...as-sweetheart/
                            http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2012/06...-features.html
                            http://wot.motortrend.com/2013-ford-...#ixzz1wpylW100

So far we are deducing that the base models (XL/XLT/STX) models come with a halogen projector, and the HIDs come standard on Lariat, Limited, and Platinum. They are also available as an build option.
                            There are two kinds of light - the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures. -James Thurber

1998 Ford F-150 | FX-R 2.1 / Philips 85122XV C1 / Matsushita Gen5 | Philips LumiLEDs | Plasmaglow Fire & Ice

Comment

if I had to guess I'd say its going to be an osram D3S with a valeo projector, like ford has done with every other HID vehicle.

1996 Ford Bronco - Morimoto Gen 3 H1 / 3Five Ballasts / Morimoto 5000K H1 / Generic 9007 harness
                              2004 Mercury Marauder - Morimoto FX-R 1.1 / 3Five Ballasts / Osram Xenarc 66240 CBI / TRS HD 9007 harness
                              1985 BMW 745i - ECE Halogens Woo Hoo

Comment

Working...
                              X