Tinted or smoked headlights output.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tinted or smoked headlights output.

Ok so I'd like to know is how much would a tinted/smoked headlight affect a projector and lumens output.i have a few pics of whatIMAG0018.jpg20120519212932.jpg mines look like. If you guys also have tinted headlights post yours too plz.

From what I have seen they take a lot away from the output.

It was being discussed in a thread somewhere here, that with tinted lenses the 50w HID looked more like a 35w HID.
    * Please use the reputation system by clicking the on a helpful post.

Comment

Idk id like to c right now supposedly I've got 55w with 4300k bulbs from "ddm" looks ok on the road but not the look I want.

Comment

A lot of people who want that "smoked" look just paint the inside of the housing black, but don't paint the actual reflector itself. Putting a tint on your headlights is BAD. I don't see why anybody would even want to sacrifice light output for looks. From the looks of your tint, I think I'd have better luck seeing with the parking lights.

Comment

Well the inside isn't painted on mine its just the lens on the headlights that is

Comment

Never seen tinted lights with decent output, ever. Might as well paint the housing black and get just about the same effect, with no loss of ouput.
            2005 Legacy GT: Stage 2 + VF52 turbo, RX330 w/custom shield, Nichia DRL

Comment

here: http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...lens-vs-smoked

2000 Mustang Gt-SOLD RX350's Osram, Morimoto 5five ballast
              2006 GSXR-G37 Projector,XbaLed halos,Morimoto 3five,Morimoto 4300k
              2000 Ford Expedition-FX-R1.0s,Morimoto4300k,Morimoto 3five

Comment

some examples. light smoke would probably be okay. dark smoke no way

http://www.headlightarmor.com/night-...t-testing.aspx

Comment

I'll put this here too. This shows the difference between a cobalt ss lens and a base cobalt lens. Going from the clear to the tinted was like going from 50w to 35w. And this is what I would call a LIGHT tint.

Now that I'm back to the clear lenses I feel they're too bright.

05 300C - 15 Taurus SHO

Comment

I'm just glad I kept the stock lights lol well it looks like heres another item to be sold on craigslist

Comment

i prolly would go with a light smoke film if i had a darker car. sometimes it can look really good and if you dont drive at night much, not a big loss. plus you can always peel it off if it sucks.

Comment

I wonder if one could make Transitions-like lenses that get dark in sunlight and clear in the absence of sunlight for your car. For headlight lenses as well as windows.

That would be dope.

Thinking out loud here.

2001 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ, Halogens, FX-R 1.1 Retro Coming Soon

Comment

Yeah dude that would be awesome but expensive lol

Comment

I thought of the same thing but the UV light from HIDs might make them turn dark also. Maybe if the projector lense had a UV filter.

Comment

Some lenses start to melt when tinted so that is something to worry about also.

Comment

Working...
                              X