Denso Slim Ballast VS Hella Gen 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denso Slim Ballast VS Hella Gen 3

Hello, i need some advice, which of those ballast is better for my morimoto 5000K? im current have 55W No-name china brand ballast. and i want to switch back to OEM ballast. because 55W the hid bulbs color always have diffrent colors. some time more white and sometime yellow.

Originally posted by changtak View Post
    Hello, i need some advice, which of those ballast is better for my morimoto 5000K? im current have 55W No-name china brand ballast. and i want to switch back to OEM ballast. because 55W the hid bulbs color always have diffrent colors. some time more white and sometime yellow.
    They are both extremely excellent quality regardless of which one you choose and I'm sure there are little to no major differences.
    RX350BX (EU) | STI-R | XB35 Ballasts| HD Relay | 66240 CBI | JDM AStar LED Int. | AFSpec LED Ext.

Comment

Denso Slims need to be potted, hellas are waterproof, i think that's about it.
      2005 Legacy GT: Stage 2 + VF52 turbo, RX330 w/custom shield, Nichia DRL

Comment

the another problem, how long will last the hella? because i see on ebay is used, it almost like 10 years old. and no warranty. and denso on trs, have 1 year warranty but little more expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by changtak View Post
          the another problem, how long will last the hella? because i see on ebay is used, it almost like 10 years old. and no warranty. and denso on trs, have 1 year warranty but little more expensive.
          TRS claims:

Lifespan:

2000 hours (approx 7-10 years under normal use)

Warranty:

1 Year warranty (void w/ moisture damage)

The Morimoto 3Five and 5Five ballasts are also excellent alternatives.
          RX350BX (EU) | STI-R | XB35 Ballasts| HD Relay | 66240 CBI | JDM AStar LED Int. | AFSpec LED Ext.

Comment

Both are great ballasts, the Denso is a pretty old design too like the Hella - but I'd probably rate both as some of the most reliable ballasts in the world. Hella is waterproof and Denso is not, but Denso is easy to waterproof, and we even do this as a courtesy to our customers if they request before shipping

Lexus GS350 F Sport : Skipper Designs Front Lip : Rotiform BLQ Concave : Michelin PSS : Brembo GT 380mm : RSR Suspension : GS350/STi-R Bi-xenon
            * For any inquiries please e-mail TRSMatt@TheRetrofitSource.com, PM's = not a good way to reach me*

Comment

I believe Denso warms up the fastest.

Comment

The Hella Gen 3 is also a bit easier to mount (depending on the space you have) because you can get brackets for them, unlike the Denso.

Other than that it's really up to personal preference. They both draw large amounts of current at startup, and from what I have seen warm up in about the same time.
                * Please use the reputation system by clicking the on a helpful post.

Comment

I saw Denso ballasts don't dim when they start up.
                  2008 Toyota Camry LE I4
                  S2K Retrofit Headlight - Osram 66240SVS
                  TRD 18 Wheel, Navigation system
                  LED-heat-fold Turn Signal Side Mirror w/ JDM Switch
                  OEM fog light, integrating to Turn Signal Switch

Comment

hella flickers a bit at first but otherwise warms within 10 secs. home depot metal brackets are easy to make for any ballast. time to upgrade to oem bulbs too?

Comment

Originally posted by TRSMatt View Post
                      Hella is waterproof and Denso is not, but Denso is easy to waterproof, and we even do this as a courtesy to our customers if they request before shipping
                      lol I did't know you guys offered that as a service! lol. You guys should totally list that under the Denso Ballast listing on TRS lol.

Comment

Originally posted by tentala View Post
                        I saw Denso ballasts don't dim when they start up.
                        yes the densos dont dim and in my opinion warm up nicely even compared with hella gen 3 who are a bit like china ballast warm up ( have both )

an the densos are faster yes
                        Astra Bertone RX350BX: ​ http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...-Bertone-retro
                        MiniH1 retro
                        : http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?48125-Mini-H1-retro-Vectra-B
                        Feedback: http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?46308-Feedback-for-MarioB

Comment

Yup, the Densos are instant bright light.

Comment

Originally posted by gearbox View Post
                            hella flickers a bit at first but otherwise warms within 10 secs. home depot metal brackets are easy to make for any ballast. time to upgrade to oem bulbs too?

What do you mean home depot brackets are easy to make? I'm trying to figure out how to mount denso slim balasts to my ct200h.

~NSG~

Comment

Working...
                            X