85122+ and 85126+ no longer being made

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 85122+ and 85126+ no longer being made

According to my Philips rep, the + versions of 85122 and 85126 have not been produced for quite some time.

According to his superiors in Germany, that Technology was implemented with standard 85122 and 85126 well over a year ago, in 2010. This would eliminate the color matching issue in newer cars and solve the color matching issue going forward. The pluses (+) were made as a preliminary solution until the technology was generally accepted by the car makers.

So the + bulbs will dissapear (except for Chinese fakes) as soon as the old inventories are gone. Philips evidently sold them off cheaply to brokers etc. when they decided to stop making the bulbs with a + on them.
    D1S is where its at, Radically better EMI and RFI performance. Only the new Japanese cars still use D2 bulbs, the others have all changed to D1S.

wow well CBI n SVS are taking over now ! i heard new range rover evoque comes with CBI, tho im nto 100% sure

Comment

creslayer, I don't think you read (or understood) what the OP actually said.

The "+" bulbs are no longer made because the regular ones are being made with same technology. In other words, the 85122+ is effectively being renamed into 85122.

Comment

Iv, i dont think cres was referencing any of the philips bulb.. He was just commenting on the osrams. and how osrams are starting to be oem's choice.. Mb has oem cbi, iirc it was the e-class

Comment

Omg! So let me get this straight...Philips is going bankrupt and CBIs will rule the world? Sweet!!!

Lmao, that outta make for a good rumor. Hehe...

Comment

Interesting...
            G37 / Matsushita / CBI

Comment

So the 85122 you guys sell will be the new batch? If
              Not when will they start coming in as the + specs?
              Failure to read: so just to clarify the 85122 and the + have been exactly the same for a year or so just 2x the price?
              Last edited by katch26; February 14th, 2012, 02:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by katch26 View Post
                So the 85122 you guys sell will be the new batch? If
                Not when will they start coming in as the + specs?
                Failure to read: so just to clarify the 85122 and the + have been exactly the same for a year or so just 2x the price?
                I cant answer that exactly, but I can say that for more than a year, the 85122 has included the color shift reduction technology developed for the plus version. I cannot say the newer 85122 and the + versions are identical.
                D1S is where its at, Radically better EMI and RFI performance. Only the new Japanese cars still use D2 bulbs, the others have all changed to D1S.

Comment

Strange, I wonder how many people might have 85122+ that thought they were just buying an 85122

Comment

Color shifting aside the + have more lumens. How is this effected with the new 85122s?

Comment

I mean seriously you guys really need to write the post subject in a way that doesn't sound like they were out of business for good,

maybe they wanted to save the ink in the + hehe B-)

Comment

Originally posted by makatron View Post
                        I mean seriously you guys really need to write the post subject in a way that doesn't sound like they were out of business for good,

maybe they wanted to save the ink in the + hehe B-)
                        How can anyone conclude from the subject that Philips is out of business??? I dont know how the facts could have been stated any better in the subject. If you read the thread it seems pretty clear to me.
                        Last edited by D1S; February 16th, 2012, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by katch26 View Post
                          Color shifting aside the + have more lumens. How is this effected with the new 85122s?
                          You would need high tech equipment to detect any difference in lumens output, comparing between the + versions and the regular 85122 or 85126.

Comment

omg Philips is going out of business?!? lol

I wonder if the 85122's I recently purchased from hidbulbzrus are the new type. I assume they are considering they purchase from Philips directly and seem to do a lot of business. I was hoping to see a little color shift over time but it looks like that may not happen. Meh oh well.
                            FWIW, I couldn't tell any difference between the low hour 85122+ I had (now in the gf's car) and the 85122's I just bought.
                            G37 / Matsushita / CBI

Comment

Originally posted by leftside View Post
                              omg Philips is going out of business?!? lol

I wonder if the 85122's I recently purchased from hidbulbzrus are the new type. I assume they are considering they purchase from Philips directly and seem to do a lot of business. I was hoping to see a little color shift over time but it looks like that may not happen. Meh oh well.
                              FWIW, I couldn't tell any difference between the low hour 85122+ I had (now in the gf's car) and the 85122's I just bought.
                              My son gets new production Philips cases every month, so if you bought in the last few months, you definitely have the newer production 85122

Comment

Working...
                              X