Fusion Fog Projectors - Round 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fusion Fog Projectors - Round 2

So using the newer version of the Fusion Fog Projectors, I modded them to take D2S bulbs. No output pics yet tough, but here is how I have the D2S bulb holder attached.

2/25/11 Update:
    All I need to do is seal the lens on. I filled the open area with bowling ball plug (since I work in a Pro Shop).

Just took some output pics. There is one little, itty-bitty hump, and a little flare on the right side. I may just make this the passenger side.

So the project is now finished and here are the installed and output pics!

Last edited by LFSoccer2k6; March 9th, 2011, 09:27 AM.
    Feedback Thread
    Ford Fog Light Projectors
    Ford Fusion Fog Projector D2S Modificaiton
    Mini H1 Halogen Modification
    D2S Bulb Comparisons

Wondering how you make sure the bulb is at the right focal point........
    Look at my HID / Lighting works at Stupidpig HID | Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by StupidPig View Post
      Wondering how you make sure the bulb is at the right focal point........
      Yea, it is kinda an eyeball really. It is not perfect, I will admit that. But for what I want, it does the job. I will take pics tonight.
      Feedback Thread
      D2S Bulb Comparisons

Comment

Not bad, Greg. Here's a suggestion to maybe help make it properly lined up for the next round:

Take the bowl and temporarily mount it to a flat surface and trace around the bowl. Get a small pipe or something with wet paint or something to mark the flat surface for where the pipe was dead center in the bulb holder. Remove everything, then permanently mount the pipe to the board. Remove original bulb holder, slide the reflector bowl back down within the original marks. Take new bulb holder and slide down the pipe as a guide for dead center. Mount the bulb holder to the bowl. Remove. Win. Should help line things up properly at least. Just need a pipe or something small enough for both bulb holders to slide down but big enough to provide little room to be off center.
        2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX 5AT I4
        [Crystal Black Pearl | Black Interior]
        S2000 AP1 + TSX-R Clear Lens | MDX H11 Halogen Projectors
        Osram 66240CBI | Mitsubishi Electric Ballasts + Igniters
        Gatling Gun v1 Shrouds | CCFL Halos
        Smoked Corner Amber Reflectors | Low Gloss Black Headlight Housings | Black and Red Shrouds

Comment

Originally posted by Aramas View Post
          Not bad, Greg. Here's a suggestion to maybe help make it properly lined up for the next round:

Take the bowl and temporarily mount it to a flat surface and trace around the bowl. Get a small pipe or something with wet paint or something to mark the flat surface for where the pipe was dead center in the bulb holder. Remove everything, then permanently mount the pipe to the board. Remove original bulb holder, slide the reflector bowl back down within the original marks. Take new bulb holder and slide down the pipe as a guide for dead center. Mount the bulb holder to the bowl. Remove. Win. Should help line things up properly at least. Just need a pipe or something small enough for both bulb holders to slide down but big enough to provide little room to be off center.
          Mike, you totally lost me, haha. It is too lat now anyway. I am content with how it i. The problem is I am shortening the bulb holder and suing a longer bulb.
          Feedback Thread
          D2S Bulb Comparisons

Comment

Yeah...Probably doesn't help I'm still in class where the professor's over complicating simple accounting...Like I said, this is for the next round if there's a 3.

Pretty much...Think of one using a pole or something as a guide to replace the old bulb holder with the new bulb holder.

With the problem...Maybe a spacer between the rear of the bowl and the bulb holder til the spacing is just right? Would take a lot of trial and error with test fitting to fix that.
            Smoked Corner Amber Reflectors | Low Gloss Black Headlight Housings | Black and Red Shrouds

Comment

You will just have to come over and we can go over it, haha.
              Feedback Thread
              D2S Bulb Comparisons

Comment

Probably lol Can probably brainstorm it when the weather's finally better to work on some stuff.

And also...Seems like the clear turn signals plan is slowed down again...Almost want to just do start with what we can and maybe reopen down the road for a quick lens swap unless we can find someone local to mold and make a clear lens while the lights are opened up the first time.

Comment

POST OF SOME OUTPUT TESTS ADDED TO OP!!
                  Last edited by LFSoccer2k6; March 9th, 2011, 09:21 AM.
                  Feedback Thread
                  D2S Bulb Comparisons

Comment

i forgot how yellowy green the foul weather D2S bulbs were xD

Comment

Originally posted by aa2033 View Post
                      i forgot how yellowy green the foul weather D2S bulbs were xD
                      They are actually totally golden yellow in person, camera gives them a green tint. But I love them!
                      Feedback Thread
                      D2S Bulb Comparisons

Comment

Output looks very promising...
                        I wonder what they will look like with a drop in HID kit....
                        2001 CCS (Euro Conversion)
                        FX-R DDM-50W DL50 R8-LEDs
                        2K4 Mercury Monterey FX-R Retro
                        2K1 CCS (Euro Conversion) FX-R Retro
                        FOG Comparison: Micro DE, Blazer, Bosch Mini
                        HELLA MICRO DE Halogen to HID GUIDE

Comment

Originally posted by LFSoccer2k6 View Post
                          They are actually totally golden yellow in person, camera gives them a green tint. But I love them!
                          yeah i had a pair, i sold them to someone on these forums. but i forgot who. i went out driving with them for one night and thought "HELLLLLL NO"

Comment

Originally posted by CateraMV6 View Post
                            Output looks very promising...
                            I wonder what they will look like with a drop in HID kit....
                            When I get my new pair in, I will take pics with a H11 HID for you. You want 3K or 5K bulbs?

Originally posted by aa2033 View Post
                            yeah i had a pair, i sold them to someone on these forums. but i forgot who. i went out driving with them for one night and thought "HELLLLLL NO"
                            That might have been me, I got them from someone here on the forums. Unfortunately from testing them, one of those side tabs broke off.
                            Feedback Thread
                            D2S Bulb Comparisons

Comment

yeah i thought it was you, couldn't remember. I have a pair of 85122 with one tab broken off of each side, it works fine, but if i go over a big bump, the d2s connector will wiggle and the light will turn off. -_-

Comment

Working...
                              X