escalade platinum led headlights = fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• escalade platinum led headlights = fail

i finally saw one today on a dark highway when i was driving the halogen car. i dont have too much basis for comparison, but these have to be the worst headlights ive ever seen. its the led package with 4 or 5 oval looking projectors. from far away it kinda looked like really old hids, then as it got closer and i slowed down so it could pass, i got a facefull of light blinding the crap outta me. watched as he passed and looked at the ground, it was like some crazy homemade beam pattern. barely looked like fogs, nowhere near hid brightness, in fact the car in front of him with halogens was almost brighter. the color was disgusting, very blue white like 8000k at least, it looked like a ricer with a very blue and dim hid kit from the back. i couldnt believe it. having just seen a prius few nights ago with led headlights around 6500k and extremely bright and wide (better than my valeo hid), this cadillac was a complete fail for leds.

I hate escalade lighting anyways...
    They're always misaimed and blind the hell out of me, even when Im in my truck. (And im usually in my little eclipse...)
    Haven't retro'd in a while....

Current setup:
    1998 Eclipse
    Projector: TSX with clear lenses.
    Bulbs: Philips 85122
    Ballasts: Genuine Hella Gen. 3
    Shroud: E46-Replica
    Work in progress:
    2007 VW Rabbit
    Projector: TL with ZKW-R lenses
    Bulbs: Philips 85122 (to be upgraded to Osram 66240 SVS)
    Ballasts: Genuine Hella Gen. 3
    Shroud: Panamera

Comment

ya.. every escalade w/ hids I've seen on teh road is improperly aimed.. I think they're just at 0 degrees from the factory.. I suspect something similar from land rovers too actually... but then again they're usually not as blinding; they just have a crapton of flicker as opposed to the full-time blinding effect escalades give

Comment

i saw one for the 1st time the other night as well. it was very confusing what they were because of how the light was coming at me... was too bright in my face to be halogen, not refined like projector/HID and no cutoff that i could see, and the light was bright at its source but not much light was being thrown out like most HID kits in reflective housing. when it finally got closer i was able to decipher the individual projectors and realized what it was.
        agreed they are quite blinding and i sit fairly high in a leveled truck.
        wonder what it looks like from the driver's seat.
        feedback

Comment

They are still not up to the HID brightness levels but they have potential...

Think of it this way, when the HIDs first came out they kind of sucked too, then they improved drastically!
          2001 CCS (Euro Conversion)
          FX-R DDM-50W DL50 R8-LEDs
          2K4 Mercury Monterey FX-R Retro
          2K1 CCS (Euro Conversion) FX-R Retro
          FOG Comparison: Micro DE, Blazer, Bosch Mini
          HELLA MICRO DE Halogen to HID GUIDE

Comment

IMG_5013.JPG

Just for reference!

Lexus GS350 F Sport : Skipper Designs Front Lip : Rotiform BLQ Concave : Michelin PSS : Brembo GT 380mm : RSR Suspension : GS350/STi-R Bi-xenon
            * For any inquiries please e-mail TRSMatt@TheRetrofitSource.com, PM's = not a good way to reach me*

Comment

yup those are the bugeyes lol. one side looked okay but the other side felt like it was pointing into the sky. i wonder if you can even aim those things. the pruis leds actually gave my valeos a run for their money. driving and against a wall, it looked just like hid except much whiter than 4300k. i would guess between 5500k-6500k range but hardly any color tints in the beam. pure white. leds are def getting better. and they look just like projector against a wall.

Comment

WTF is that on, the new2011 Escalade? Never seen that before...
                Write Something....../

Comment

That headlight Matt posted shows they are trying too hard to be original and fail miserably at it.

Feedback here: http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...dback-tryxenon

Comment

its GM....a FAIL company....what do you expect?

Comment

haha well they couldve at least tried. maybe you can do a few hid retros instead. have sex-retro lol.

Comment

The headlights were developed by Hella. I would've expected somewhat better.
                        2004 GMC Yukon Denali
                        Hella E55 - ZKW-R - Philips 85122 - Philips LVQ-212
                        OEM Euro Manual Headlight-Leveling System

Comment

reminds me of this

Comment

Anyone have specs of the Prius headlights or pictures.
                            06 Regal Blue / Silver Subaru Impreza Outback Sport SE <-- Back-up Ride ( Tweaked STI HID Projectors)
                            03 Classic Red Mazda Protege 5 <-- My DD ( HiD rEtRo “Still” In PrOgReSs )

Comment

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...vs-hid-comparo

Comment

Working...
                              X