• Show
Clear All

• gold94corolla
    replied
    Click the <> button in the top left corner of the typing area

Leave a comment:

• daytonabeach
    replied

fffffffffffffffffffffSorry, new in herem i cant see abything of what im typoing ,its on a blue sky with stars on it, how to turn that off?

Leave a comment:

• Terrell T. Brown
    replied
    Xenon bulbs need up to 100 hours and he become more white blue effect. Problem is as more blue light as lower light on your road. 6000K from Osram CBI is one of most who have White/Blue light and have still good light on the road.
    Last edited by Terrell T. Brown; December 3rd, 2018, 03:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Djwoody
    replied
    I have just fitted some CBI to my car, like others have said they are slightly yellow at the moment.
    I obviously need to give them some time to burn in.

Would it be possible for me to leave my car headlights on overnight in my garage?
    Would attaching a battery charger to the car prevent the battery from draining with the headlights on?

Chris

Leave a comment:

• GreekNissan
    replied
    Originally posted by Haloruler64 View Post
    Have you begun spamming unrelated threads with your D2R questions? Come on.
    My bad, just excited to get new bulbs and desperate for answers. Ill keep on topic... respect...

Leave a comment:

• Haloruler64
    replied
    Have you begun spamming unrelated threads with your D2R questions? Come on.

Leave a comment:

• GreekNissan
    replied
    from what I have read and saw pictures/videos of over the past few weeks, tthe BEST D2R BULB seems to be the Philips X-Tremevision Gen2. Does anyone know of a better option? D2R...

Leave a comment:

• FSanti87
    replied
    I have CBI's in one of my cars and Nightbreakers in the other. I love them both but I can see much more detail with the Nightbreakers

Leave a comment:

• niZmO_Man
    replied
    Yep, easy. Stock Philips or Osram (cheaper) CBI CBH is colour.
    I'd inspect the projector bowls before making bulb decisions.

Leave a comment:

• dm1179
    replied
    I will be replacing stock OEM HID D2S bulb. I am torn between Osram CBI and Osram NBU. I had read several forums and still confused about these two bulbs. I never saw photo of these bulbs compared side by side in one car.

Basically, I want the brighter bulb. But if the difference in brightness is negligible in real life, then I would prefer the whiter bulb.

If I rely on marketing materials, the NBU is the brighter bulb.

CBI = 20% more light at 5500K (up to 6000K now)
    NBU = 70% more light at 4350K

But there are people that say CBI is brighter than NBU and that I should not rely on advertising.

Somebody also said to check Osram website for the datasheets and so I did.

OEM = 3200 lumens +/- 15%
    CBI = 3200 lumens +/- 15%
    NBU = 3200 lumens +/- 15%

Both have same lumens rating as OEM bulb. But on actual tests they are brighter than OEM so are the datasheets wrong?

Can anyone help me make an informed decision? Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• Lordiik
    replied
    Thank you @Haloruler64.

I just bought them today they are labeled as 66240CBI-HCB 6000K.
    What is diffrence between 66240CBI-HCB and 66240CBI (without HCB label)?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• mayurhuria
    replied
    Originally posted by piwo0072 View Post
    Golf 7 with OEM bulbs lowbeam

Golf 7 with OEM bulbs highbeam

Golf 7 with CBI bulbs lowbeam

Golf 7 with CBI bulbs highbeam

Mercedes Benz C-series W205 lowbeam

Mercedes Benz C-series W205 highbeam

My conclusion: The CBIs are some brighter and whiter than OEM bulbs. The LED headlights from the C-series are much not as good as the Golf 7-series xenon headlights (no matter which bulb is used).

For additional comparison i take pictures (fix camera settings) from Golf 7 CBI and C-series LED right next to each other (lowbeam).

Driving direction Golf 7 + C-series:

Driving direction Golf 7:

Driving direction C-series:

Outside view Golf 7:

Outside view C-series:

The Mercedes C-series LED light is not so bright as the Golf 7 xenon light (same as you can see in the first comparison).

I hope I could help you something further!
    Wow that exposure though.

Clearly c-class has far better foreground than golf 7. I cant see the end of cutoff of golf in pics due to that foreground say alone in real life.
    What my observation from 5000-5500k hid is they are soothing to eyes atleast in my rx350 setup compared to 4300k

Leave a comment:

• Haloruler64
    replied
    Originally posted by Lordiik View Post
    Hi guys, I'm planning to use CBIs with FB X3 ballasts and D2S to AMP reduction. Are CBIs working well with aftermarket ballast? Thanks for all the answers
    Yup

Leave a comment:

• Lordiik
    replied
    Hi guys, I'm planning to use CBIs with FB X3 ballasts and D2S to AMP reduction. Are CBIs working well with aftermarket ballast?

Thanks for all the answers

Leave a comment:

• rjo21
    replied
    So I actually bought a set of CBIs off an eBay store for $80... guy had over 1200 feedback and a 100% score, so I thought it'd be safe. Nope, pretty obviously counterfeits. At least they didn't fuss about refunding me.

Anyway, bought some real ones from TRS, and have about 20 hours of burn time on them, and... I think "Cool Blue" is a misnomer. These are still pretty warm white. Unless that 20 hours or so to break in is being optimistic, I've gotta say I'm pretty disappointed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X