Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I'll order a couple of pairs (for me and my friend car electrician with Audi S3 (8L) with his E55 retrofitted headlights) of these Osrams. CBI will pass from our "bench" and as soon as we're ready we'll let you know. After all the bulbs are not available yet (for the German seller) till the end of next week, so I've just placed a back-order. I promise, I'll keep you posted.

I remember 3-4 years ago I used an a/m kit with H7 rebased bulbs from a Korean manufacturer - Stark I think. Well, the 5000K I chose (despite my friends' strong "recommendations" for 8000K) were EXCELLENT !... Very good visibility under normal driving and excellent visibility in bad weather (rain, fog, snow). I deeply regreted the fact that I gave these bulbs!... Anyway.

So, I hope these CBIs will be as good - if not better - than the Korean ones. We'll see... Only time will tell.

Costas
    SEAT Toledo 1.6 16v S-Line RX-330AFS | Osram 66240CBI | OEM Fog 4300K | DRL Led | Led Night Pack

"that set up is lighting sex": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm9M-m4mCZ4

Comment

Originally posted by 200hpAltima View Post
      grille off. bumper off. headlights out. Takes about 2.5hrs to change bulbs
      Damn that sucks. Takes me 5 minutes for both.

Originally posted by gearbox View Post
      also if you are having trouble seeing in the rain, the problem may be alot of the light isnt making it out thru the headlamp lens. be sure your lenses are clear and always apply a plastic sealant like wolfgang clear plastik sealer or at least some wax. if the water beads up and rolls off, you will have much better visibility than if the water sheets up and stays on the covers.

a perfect example is the s2000 i posted above. his plastic covers were not treated and the water was just sitting there in layers. look at how blurry the headlamp looks and also look how much glare there is on the wall. that night when i met him, my valeos with 5400k bulbs actually outshined his s2k because of this.
      The glare is from the water on the ground between the car and the wall. On a dry evening, in front of a wall like that if you sprayed the headlights with water I will bet you it will not glare like that on the wall.

TL / ZKW-R / Osram CBI / 35w Matsu / Painted shields / Gatling Shrouds / LED

I raise your HID KIT with a TL retro highbeaming blast

Comment

makes sense on the glare. but i still believe sheeting water will reduce the ground output much more than beaded water. i will try what you suggested tho about spraying them with water next time im driving around.

Comment

I have a pair of the new OSRAM CBI bulbs ordered and they should be with me next week.

I also have a pair of EVO 8 ballasts and projectors, so I will take some pics with a new Philips 85122 bulb in one projector and one of the new OSRAM bulbs in the other.

I will also try and take a small vid clip of the 2 projectors firing at the same time.

I will have to take these in my back garden against a large white garage door as I will be using a PSU power supply.. Any suggestions as to what camera settings to use? My camera is a Panasonic Lumix FX33.

Thanks..

E.

donating member

Comment

^

better compare them to 85122CM i guess

Comment

Hi guys,
              I'm in the UK and found these bulbs for sale here. I dunno if it is any use to anybody on the forums.

http://www.hids4u.co.uk/Osram-D2S-Up...tense-Bulb.htm

Hope that helps,
              Spaceman.
              Chevrolet Lacetti with retrofitted OSRAM JOULE LED modules in the Tail-lights.
              All bulbs in the Car switched to LED's.
              Headlight retrofit in progress!

Comment

well that link didn't work at all.... so it doesn't help lol.

Comment

Originally posted by gold94corolla View Post
                  well that link didn't work at all.... so it doesn't help lol.
                  Try the Homepage link, worked for me.....
                  Feedback Thread
                  http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=39293

Comment

Here's the link..
                    http://www.hids4u.co.uk/Osram-D2S-Up...ense-Bulb.html

From there its $251, not sure if it's before or after shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisMan287 View Post
                      Here's the link..
                      http://www.hids4u.co.uk/Osram-D2S-Up...ense-Bulb.html

From there its $251, not sure if it's before or after shipping.
                      $251? For a pair those are 125 GBP which converts to $200.23 US. Shipping is another 15 GBP, so another $24.03 for a total of $224.26 US. Not that $26-27 makes a huge difference, but I was just wondering how you came up with $251.

Comment

Oh, and I want a pair of these so bad! Anybody know what is OEM in my 2008 Acura TSX? I have yet to rip anything apart as I am waiting on the S2K-R's, so I thought somebody may be able to tell me what is in there. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by graff71884 View Post
                          $251? For a pair those are 125 GBP which converts to $200.23 US. Shipping is another 15 GBP, so another $24.03 for a total of $224.26 US. Not that $26-27 makes a huge difference, but I was just wondering how you came up with $251.
                          I didn't do the conversion myself, just Google'd it lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisMan287 View Post
                            I didn't do the conversion myself, just Google'd it lol.
                            Oh, no worries man. I just thought it seemed a little off so I brought up a currency converter and did it myself, Lol.

Comment

cheapest here

Comment

Originally posted by junkun13 View Post
                                cheapest here
                                Any idea what shipping cost is from there?

Comment

Working...
                                X