Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the difference between 'H' bulbs and 900x

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What is the difference between 'H' bulbs and 900x

    What is the difference between 'H' bulbs, such as H1, H3, etc, and 900x bulbs, like 9004, 9006, 9007?
    Does every 900x bulb have a comprobable H bulb, just a different base?

    Thanks!

  • #2
    they are all H bulbs = halogen.

    THey just have diff abbreviations.

    9006 = low beam = hb4
    9005 = high beam = hb5

    9004 is something like hb5
    9007 is hb3

    Some others are purely devoted to fog use like h3 and 881, 894, you will rarely see these in lows (oem lows anyways) ebay doesnt count.

    The best filaments to be replaced with hid include 9005 and 9006 whenever used as fog or high beams.... low is debatable in 9006... depends on the car.

    But the H always stands for halogen.
    Ciprian || Linuxglobal Headlights: (647) 492-1127
    Retrofit count: 245 (June 25 2014)
    Follow me on FaceBook Linuxglobal on YouTube
    Hidplanet Retrofitters Hidplanet University Buy/Sell Forum Rules My feedback

    Comment


    • #3
      makes sense

      so if you have, say, a civc, with H1 headlight bulbs, can that be replaced with a 9003 HID conversion kit?

      Comment


      • #4
        9005 = hb3
        9007 = hb2

        i know the first one is right (since its on my headlights lol, but im not 100% on the 9007...)

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by mikemjohnson
          makes sense

          so if you have, say, a civc, with H1 headlight bulbs, can that be replaced with a 9003 HID conversion kit?
          not sure what 9003 is ... if its h1 then ure fine.
          Ciprian || Linuxglobal Headlights: (647) 492-1127
          Retrofit count: 245 (June 25 2014)
          Follow me on FaceBook Linuxglobal on YouTube
          Hidplanet Retrofitters Hidplanet University Buy/Sell Forum Rules My feedback

          Comment


          • #6
            9003 is h4.

            2007 se I4 leather and all + trd wheels
            2009 tacoma v6 4x4 trd sport plus a few features
            1998 tacoma i4 4x4 base 256k and counting

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: What is the difference between 'H' bulbs and 900x

              Originally posted by mikemjohnson
              What is the difference between 'H' bulbs, such as H1, H3, etc, and 900x bulbs, like 9004, 9006, 9007?
              Does every 900x bulb have a comprobable H bulb, just a different base?

              Thanks!
              900x bulbs tend to have plastic bases. (which can melt from overwattage bulbs or HID kits)

              9004 is dual transverse filament 45w/65w (low/high)
              9005 is single longitudinal filament 65w (high)
              9006 is single longitudinal filament 55w (low)
              9007 is dual longitudinal filament 55w/65w (low/high)

              H bulbs are a mixed bag

              H3 is an outright weirdo.

              Comment


              • #8
                All headlight/foglight bulbs that are identified by just numbers use a twist-lock base whereas H1, H3, etc bulbs are typically held in place with screws or springs and require specific orientation.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Azrael
                  All headlight/foglight bulbs that are identified by just numbers use a twist-lock base whereas H1, H3, etc bulbs are typically held in place with screws or springs and require specific orientation.
                  I forgot how the H9, H11, H13 looked. Didn't want to jump to those conclusions.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    H11 is a twist lock

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X